History of Women in Architecture
Found in 40 Collections and/or Records:
The collection consists of an illustrated scrapbook, detailing the set up for a household, possibly compiled for a new bride or a school assignment.
The Architectural League of New York created the Archive of Women in Architecture collection in 1973 to gather biographical and project data about women professionals in the field of architecture and other related disciplines. This information was used to create a 1977 exhibition and the book, Women in American Architecture: A Historic and Contemporary Perspective, edited by Susana Torre.
Wendy Bertrand is a registered architect, rug weaver, self-described feminist and author living in Northern California since 1967. This collection documents her personal and professional activism and activities between 1954-2012, including her architectural studies, organizational activities, family life, travel, professional writing, textile projects, and career with the U.S. Navy and U.S. Forest Service.
Milka Bliznakov was a Bulgarian architect, architectural historian, and professor who practiced in Bulgaria, France, and the United States. The collection consists of her publications, research, correspondence, professional documentation of her practice, conference participation materials, teaching materials, and documents related to her involvement as the founder of the International Archive of Women in Architecture.
The collection consists of a trade card for an English builder and manufacturer of artificial stone, probably printed about 1784. The Coade stone business was started by Eleanor Coade in 1769 and operated into the 1833, later run by a business partner after Coade's death.
Margaret (Peggy) Cochrane Architectural Collection includes drawings for approximately 70 professional projects. Project drawings vary in size and detail, and most are residential projects in Southern California.