Women -- History
Found in 397 Collections and/or Records:
The A. Jane Duncombe Architectural Papers span the years 1952 to 2002. The papers consist primarily of architectural drawings, as well as some printed material including plan sheets, articles, and printouts of digital images. The collection documents various residential and other projects upon which Duncombe worked, one in Illinois and the rest in California.
The collection consists of papers concerning Eastman's work as Virginia Tech's Faculty Publishing Officer, her work as Head of the Steering Committee for the Virginia Governor's Conference on Library and Information Services in 1991, and information on funding and support for libraries in Virginia. Materials in the collection date from 1978 to 1991.
The collection comprises letters to Ann Eliza Eddy, living in Troy, New York, dating from 1857-1865. Eddy received letters from Union soldiers, cousins, and friends over the course of the American Civil War. There are several photographs of the house and writers included in the collection.
A collection of correspondence, diaries, postcards, heirlooms, original artwork (including sketches attributed to Henry van Ingen), ancient Greek and pre-Columbian artificacts, and photographs from Wilhelmina van Ingen Elarth, a professor of art history and classical studies who taught at the University of Michigan, Wheaton College (Massachusetts), and the University of Manitoba.
Nine wartime letters of Joshua L. and Thomas A. Elliott, brothers from Hanover County, Virginia, and privates in Company B, 24th Virginia Infantry during the American Civil War, written to Mary F. Page of Hanover County; together with a postwar letter from Oden B. Elliott to Page, and a letter from Page to her sister Elizabeth Mallory while a patient in Virginia's Eastern State Hospital (Williamsburg).
The Audrey Emmons Architectural Collection consists of architectural drawings, photographs and slides, and job files of designs Emmons did in San Francisco, Sausalito, and other Northern California locations from the mid-1970s until 1996.