Skip to main content

Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the New River Valley (Blacksburg, Va.)

 Organization

Historical Note

The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the New River Valley had its beginnings at a meeting held on the Virginia Tech campus in late 1955. Founded as the Blacksburg Unitarian Fellowship, the group was soon holding regular meetings in the student activities building and became a formally constituted fellowship in October, 1956. The fellowship in 1961 changed its name to the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the New River Valley. In 1967, the fellowship built its own meeting house (a new meeting house would be built in 1992). After having been led by various laypersons and visiting ministers for decades, the fellowship installed its first part-time minister, Rev. William D. Main, in 1987. The fellowship would install its first full-time minister in 1999, and change its name to the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the New River Valley in 2003.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the New River Valley Records,

 Class
Identifier: Ms-1988-001
Abstract

This collection includes the records of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the New River Valley, including programs and newsletters, membership lists, and historical essays.

Dates: 1958 - 1987