Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Architecture and Urban Studies (1978-2022)
- Usage: 1978 - 2022
Courses in architecture were listed in the college catalog as early as 1873. Courses were offered in the Architectural Engineering Department from 1928 through 1947, when the name changed to the Architecture Department. In 1955, the School of Engineering and Architecture was established. It became the College of Architecture in 1964, then the College of Architecture and Urban Studies in 1976. In July 2022, CAUS became the College of Architecture, Arts, and Design (AAD).
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Charles Burchard Collection
Cowgill Hall Plaza
Leonard J. Currie Papers,
Robert F. Graeff Papers,
This collection contains the papers of Robert F. Graeff a professor of architecture at Virginia Tech. The papers include photographs, handbooks, and design plans/instructions for design primarily relating the bathroom facilities.
Walter Gropius/G. Preston Frazer Papers,
The collection contains correspondence (from Mrs. Walter Gropius to G. Preston Frazer), as well as photographs, newsclippings, and publications about Gropius.