Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Architecture (1974-1978)
- Usage: 1974 - 1978
Courses in architecture were listed in the college catalog as early as 1873-74. From 1928-47, courses were offered in the Architectural Engineering Department. In 1947, the name became simply the Architecture Department and then in 1955, the School of Engineering and Architecture was established. In 1964, it became the College of Architecture. Urban Studies was added to the title in 1976.
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
This collection includes documents related to the production and dissemination of George Grigg's and John Carnochan's computer-animated film, produced while students at Virginia Tech from 1969 through 1970 using FORTRAN.
The collection contains correspondence (from Mrs. Walter Gropius to G. Preston Frazer), as well as photographs, newsclippings, and publications about Gropius.