Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944)
- Usage: 1896 - 1944
Found in 81 Collections and/or Records:
The collection consists of papers detailing the founding, construction, administration, finances, and membership of the University Club at Virginia Tech.
The collection includes ledgers and pages of ledgers with financial records of the Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. It contains a listing of receipts from 1901-1906, a listing of Bond Holders under the Act of March 5, 1900, a listing of expenditures from 1900-1908, and insurance records and valuations for policies commencing 1906-1914.
The collection contains data from a cooperative study of Grayson County, Virginia, conducted by the Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station and the U. S. Department of Agriculture's Bureau of Home Economics. Includes raw and tabulated data on family members, education, health, income and expenditures, employment, housing, food, clothing, and household furnishings and supplies.
This collection contains the administrative records of the Virginia Cooperative Extension, including correspondence, reports, financial documents, slides, videos, and the records of Bob Swain. The collection also documents the VCE's role in Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission, Virginia Association of Extension Secretaries, and their work within rural communities.
Collection includes dance cards for various dances, including ring dances and dances sponsored by the German Club, Cotillion Club, and sectional clubs.
This collection includes eighty postcards. Dated cards range from 1906 through 1995, but many cards are not dated. Cards depict various subjects including campus views, campus buildings, football, Corps of Cadets, and Blacksburg views. Some of the postcards are postmarked and addressed to recipients, while some are blank.
Collection consists of architectural drawings, blueprints, and floorplans of selected campus buildings located on the campus of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, VA.