Virginia Polytechnic Institute. School of Engineering and Architecture
- Usage: 1920 - 1964
Engineering courses have been available since the inception of Virginia Tech in 1872 when a student could follow the "Mechanical" course of study which included mechanical drawing, mechanical engineering, machinery, and steam engines. When the first administrative instructional divisions were established in 1903-04, engineering was one of four academic departments for which a dean was appointed. In 1920-21, it became the School of Engineering and then, in 1964, the College of Engineering.