Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Engineering Extension Division. Bureau of Community Development
The Bureau of Community Development was started in 1929. Its purpose was to assist cities and Chambers of Commerce in making industrial surveys and other studies for industrial development, as well as advising on municipal engineering projects and providing library services for municipal affairs. In 1937, the bureau ceased to exist, and its activities were continued by the Engineering Extension Division as a whole.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
This collection contains typed manuscripts of twenty-nine Industrial Surveys of various counties and cities in Virginia from 1928-1931.