New River Bulletin Letter
Scope and Content
This collection contains a typescript New River Bulletin letter from New River Depot, Virginia, dated 1885. It discusses the changing of management at the Bulletin in November 1884 and how advertising works in the paper under the new management. The Bulletin hopes to transform their paper into a first class journal and an advertising medium.
Language of Materials
The materials in this collection are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
The copyright status of this collection is unknown. Copyright restrictions may apply. Contact Special Collections and University Archives for assistance in determining the use of these materials.
Reproduction or digitization of materials for personal or research use can be requested using our reproduction/digitization form: http://bit.ly/scuareproduction.
Reproduction or digitization of materials for publication or exhibit use can be requested using our publication/exhibition form: http://bit.ly/scuapublication. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives (firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-231-6308) if you need assistance with forms or to submit a completed form.
The New River Bulletin was a twenty-eight column weekly published paper that ran from 1882 to 1886 in New River Depot, Virginia. This paper was also published in other Virginia newspapers, such as Staunton Spectactor and Stephens City Star.
- "New River Bulletin" entry, Library of Virginia, https://www.lva.virginia.gov/public/VNP/results.php?cities=New+River
- "Staunton spectator. [volume], August 01, 1882, Image 2" entry, Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers, https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn84024718/1882-08-01/ed-1/seq-2/#date1=1880&index=1&rows=20&words=Bulletin+New+River&searchType=basic&sequence=0&state=Virginia&date2=1890&proxtext=new+river+bulletin&y=6&x=12&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1
- "Stephens City star., March 03, 1883, Image 3" entry, Chronicling American: Historic American Newspapers, https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn2008060934/1883-03-03/ed-1/seq-3/#date1=1880&index=0&rows=20&words=Bulletin+New+River&searchType=basic&sequence=0&state=Virginia&date2=1890&proxtext=new+river+bulletin&y=6&x=12&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1
0.1 Cubic Feet (1 folder)
This collection contains a typescript letter from and about the New River Bulletin, a twenty-eight column weekly in New River Depot, Virginia, in 1885.
Source of Acquisition
This collection was acquired by Special Collections and University Archives prior to 2012.
Rights Statement for Archival Description
The guide to the New River Bulletin Letter by Special Collections and University Archives, Virginia Tech, is licensed under a CC0 (https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/public-domain/cc0/).
The processing, arrangement, and description of the New River Bulletin Letter was completed in September 2021.
- New River Bulletin Letter, 1885
- Kiana Wilkerson, Graduate Assistant
- 2021 (CC0 1.0)
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives, Virginia Tech Repository
Special Collections and University Archives, University Libraries (0434)
560 Drillfield Drive
Newman Library, Virginia Tech
Blacksburg Virginia 24061 US