Found in 24 Collections and/or Records:
The collection contains correspondence, legal documents, and accounting receipts and records relating to the Bigler, Sessler, and John families of southwest Virginia.
This collection contains typed manuscripts of twenty-nine Industrial Surveys of various counties and cities in Virginia from 1928-1931.
Materials collected by Randal L. Hall in the course of writing Mountains on the Market: Industry, the Environment, and the South (Kentucky University Press, 2012). Includes several issues of Zinc magazine; a photographic section of the Galax Gazette from 1937; a combined portrait photograph of the employees of Carroll Hosiery Mills; and a National Carbide Company miners lamp dust can lid.
Photocopy of typed manuscript of Footprints on the Sands of Time: A History of South-Western Virginia and North-Western North Carolina, by Dr. Aras B. Cox, typed from Cox's book by Mrs. Alfred Apple of Bedford, Indiana.
This collection contains a handwritten letter to Goodrick Wilson from Mary and Virginia Crockett dated January 13, 1958. The letter discusses the history of the St. Peter's Church in New Kent and its connection to the American Revolutionary War (1775-1783).
The collection is composed of materials related to Dickenson's research on Southwest Virginia African Americans from the Civil War until the present.
The collection includes accounting records, attendance records, documents from the diocese, bills, correspondence, and service programs for five churches and one diocese organization.
The records of the Diocese consist of the Diocese's administrative records, including incoming (often from parishioners) and outgoing correspondence, with a scattering of newspaper clippings, photographs, building plans and surveys, pamphlets, and meeting minutes, from the central administrative office in Roanoke and the churches within the Diocese.
This collection includes a scrapbook compiled by Blacksburg, Virginia artist Ruth White Fisher, relating to her series of paintings titled "The Evolution of Creativity," donated to Virginia Tech. It includes photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and ephemera about the paintings and the donation ceremony.