Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
The collection contains eighteen photographs of exhibits and events around Virginia collected by Mildred Blokker c. 1912-1919.
William Gideon Harris's album contains photographs of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute (VPI) campus and surrounding areas, c. 1908-1912, as well as several newsclippings and pieces of poetry. .
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
Stockton Mosby McMurran Scrapbook contains photographs from the Missouri Botanical Garden and photographs from Virginia Tech, formally known as VPI. Stockton Mosby McMurran graduated VPI in 1909 before attending Washinton University in St. Louis, Missouri.
The Robert Edward Minshall Papers, 1909-1913, contains photographs, postcards, and programs from Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Minshall graduated from VPI in 1913 and taught civil engineering at Penn State.
The Robert G. Moore Collection contains school notes/notebooks, correspondence, engineering drawings, memorabilia, newspaper articles, and his diploma from Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
The collection contains a student handbook, newspaper articles, and a photo album of scenes on the Virginia Polytechnic Institute (VPI) campus from 1918-1919, many of which are clearly identified. The collection was compiled by Robert G. Moore, a VPI graduate of 1922.
The Named/Individual Photograph Collections include images from alumni and former faculty and staff, or individuals with ties to campus and the New River Valley. Collections (c.1890-present) depict campus life and events, railroad history, agricultural extension research, Blacksburg and surrounding areas, and some local families.
- University History 9
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 6
- Students and alumni 6
- Blacksburg (Va.) 4
- University Archives 4
- Montgomery County (Va.) 3
- Women -- History 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Botany 1
- Civil War 1
- Correspondence 1
- Diseases 1
- Engineering Drawings 1
- Faculty 1
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- Football 1
- Heraldry 1
- Medicine 1
- Notebooks 1
- Notes (documents) 1
- Postcards 1
- Programs (documents) 1
- Railroad 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 5
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 5
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 3
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 3
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 3
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 3
- Moore, Robert G., 1897-1925 2
- Blokker, Mildred 1
- Harris, William Gideon 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- McMurran, S. M. (Stockton Mosby), 1887-1920 1
- Solitude (Blacksburg, Va. : Historic building) 1
- Temple, Harry Downing 1
- Wright, Daniel E. 1 + ∧ less