Showing Collections: 11 - 17 of 17
George Green Shackelford Papers,
This collection contains correspondence, research files, project files, and manuscripts of George Green Shackelford, professor of history at Virginia Tech from 1954-1986.
Carrie T. Sibold Family Papers
The collection consists of scrapbooks, journals, V.P.I. reunion materials, photograph albums, family diplomas, and the diary of Nannie V. Sibold. As a whole, the collection dates from 1912 to 1990. However, Carrie T. Sibold's scrapbook journals, which run from 1974 to 1990, constitute the the bulk of the collection material.
Solitude Photographs and Papers
Historic home of Blacksburg, Virginia, built by the Preston family in the early 1800s. Purchased by the Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (now Virginia Tech) in 1872, and remains the oldest building on campus. Photographs consist of thirty-four mounted photographs from Eleanor Stover McEver's collection of various views and details of Solitude, with identifying labels. Also includes other papers, such as newspaper clippings and postcards, with information about Solitude.
Street Map and Guide to Blacksburg, Virginia
Map shows streets of Blacksburg, Virginia, with local businesses advertised around the border. Document also contains index for main buildings of VPI.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Postal Card Collection
This collection includes eighty postcards. Dated cards range from 1906 through 1995, but many cards are not dated. Cards depict various subjects including campus views, campus buildings, football, Corps of Cadets, and Blacksburg views. Some of the postcards are postmarked and addressed to recipients, while some are blank.
Virginia Tech Buildings Architectural Collection
Collection consists of architectural drawings, blueprints, and floorplans of selected campus buildings located on the campus of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, VA.
Charles S. Worley, Jr., Collection
The Charles S. Worley, Jr., Collection consist of architectural drawings of designs by Worley, done from the mid-1950s to the early 1960s, with several designs undated. The collection also includes a small group of photographs and negatives of Worley and his own residence in Blacksburg, as well as an extensive collection of slides documenting Worley's student and professional work, work of his students, his travels, nature, and images that were likely used as part of lectures.
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 16
- University History 14
- Faculty 6
- Women -- History 5
- Photographs 4
- University Archives 4
- Students and alumni 2
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Architects 1
- Architects -- Virginia 1
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 1
- Civil War 1
- Maps (documents) 1
- Oral histories (literary works) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia -- Maps 1
- Virginia, Southwest 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 8
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 2
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 2
- Adriance, Thomas 1
- Brown, Ralph Minthorne, 1878-1958 1
- Carneal and Johnston (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Currie, Leonard J. (Leonard James), 1913-1996 1
- Kite, Garland D. 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- McCombs, Dorothy F., 1923-1990 1
- Michael, Rudolph Dixon, 1904-1994 1
- Shackelford, George Green, 1921-2010 1
- Sibold, Carrie T. (Carrie Taylor), 1904-1990 1
- Sibold, Chloe M., 1899-1976 1
- Sibold, Nannie V. (Nannie Virginia), 1897-1957 1
- Sibold, Thomas W. (Thomas William), 1909-1930 1
- Smithfield Plantation House (Blacksburg, Va.) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Architecture (1974-1978) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Architecture and Urban Studies (1978-2022) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. College of Architecture 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 1
- Worley, Charles S., Jr. 1 + ∧ less