Showing Collections: 11 - 13 of 13
The Harry Downing Temple, Jr., Papers contains materials related to Temple's personal life, interest in heraldry and insignia, and his research and publications on the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets. Materials date from about 1872 to 2004.
Dates: 1872 - 2004; Majority of material found within 1930 - 2001
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Content Item: cape (VPI) Date: 10-23-14 Color: navy blue with red lining Material: wool felt (?) lining - wool Manufacturer: Blacksburg: Virginia Polytechnic Institute, J.H. Kelsey, Supt., Uniform Department Donor: Condition: fair, stains and holes in lining as well as exterior, [frog] on right side is missing Special Markings: label reads: Mr. Byrne Capt. (?), measure 49-38-15, date 10-23-14 (William Hale Byrne, class of 1915, East Falls Church, Fairfax), inside piece of cloth that buttons...
Dates: 1914 - 1914
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Content Item: cape (VPI) Date: ? first capes in 1897 Color: navy blue with raspberry liner Material: [wool felt] lining [wool] Manufacturer: Condition: a few small holes and stains appear in the liner Special Markings: black cord [frog] on exterior connecting sides, two metal hooks at collar. Each side has what appears to be a pocket, only after looking closer do you realize the “pockets” are holes to the inside of the cape. Inside on the bottom right-hand corner of the liner was what appears...
Dates: n.d. (not before 1897)
- Names: Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) X
- University Archives 11
- Photographs 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Textiles (visual works) 2
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 11
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 10
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 7
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 6
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 5