Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Papers include correspondence, notes, memoranda and other materials related to NACA and NASA programs with which Becker was associated, including the X-1, X-15, X-20 (or Dyna-Soar) programs; research files for The High-Speed Frontier; transcripts of oral history interviews; and copies of publications and lectures by Becker, created between 1936 and 1980.
The collection consists of Robert R. Gilruth's papers, notes, records, articles, photographs, awards, degrees, certificates, and artifacts from 1936-1989.
Samuel Herrick is an astronomer who specialized in celestial mechanics, generally recognized as the founder of the field of astrodymanics. His papers consist of correspondence, notes, drafts of publications, files relating to students and courses, and reprints of the works of others in astronomy and space sciences. Other highlights include Herrick's consulting files for NASA's Project Mercury, the film ""The Day the Earth Stood Still" (1951), and private industry.
The Henry J. Kelley Papers include correspondence, notes, drafts and offprints of publications, teaching materials, and research reports from 1948-1988.
This collection contains NASA and NACA related materials and papers.
The collection contains the autobiography (typescript draft) of William Hewitt Phillips, NACA and NASA Langley Research Center aerospace engineer; chief of Flight Dynamics and Control Division from 1970 to 1979.
The collection includes the papers of William Hewitt Phillips, NACA and NASA Langley Research Center aerospace engineer (and chief of Flight Dynamics and Control Division from 1970 to 1979), including lecture notes, reports and memoranda tracing the development of Phillips' theories while at Langley, spanning from his work on World War II-era aircraft to the early U.S. space program and beyond, as well as his interest in model aircraft.
- United States -- National Aeronautics and Space Administration -- Officials and employees 5
- United States -- National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics -- Officials and employees 2
- Astrodynamics 1
- Astronomers 1
- Astronomy 1
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration 5
- Phillips, William H. (William Hewitt), 1918-2009 2
- United States. National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics 2
- Becker, John Vernon, 1913- 1
- Gilruth, Robert R. (Robert Rowe), 1913- 1
- Herrick, Samuel, 1911-1974 1
- Kelley, Henry J., b.1926 1
- McLean, F. Edward 1
- Parker, W. Dale (William Dale), 1925-2007 1
- Project Apollo (U.S.) 1
- Project Gemini (U.S.) 1
- Townsend, Marjorie Rhodes, 1930-2015 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 1 ∧ less