Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The Baughman Family Papers contain correspondence between members of the Baughman family of Richmond, Virginia, as well as with friends, written from 1837 to 1957 (bulk, 1837-1907). The second part of the collection is family papers from about 1859 to the 1940s. This includes military documents, estate papers, legal documents, Confederate society papers, poetry, and photographs.
The collection consists of seven letters written by brothers and Confederate soldiers, Greer and Emilius Baughman from locations in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia and the trenches around Petersburg, Virginia. Letters were written to family back home in Richmond between 1862 and 1865.
The collection includes a single letter from Lewis M. Foster to his mother, written near Petersburg, Virginia, December 1864.
This collection contains 35 letters written by Union private David Moser, 199th Pennsylvania Infantry, to his wife, Sarah, dating from September 1864 through June 1865, as well as several pieces of ephemera from 1892-1917.
Letters written by Maury to his Cousin Sarah, nicknamed Puss. Letters are written from Camps at Morton's Ford, Virginia (March 13th, 1864,) and Port Walthall Junction, Virginia, (October 1st, 1864 and November 10th, 1864). Letters relate war news such as Dahlgren's Raid, camp life, encounters with well known officers, duties, and frivolity.
Letter written by Joseph Rule from his camp at Petersburg, Virginia, December 15th, 1864 to his friend Silas. Letter details Rule's Company B, 50th New York Engineers involvement in the December, 1864 raid on the Weldon Railroad which was a major supply line for Robert E. Lee's Confederate Army of Northern Virginia.
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Baltimore (Md.) -- 1860-1910 1
- Businesspeople 1
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- History of Food and Drink 1
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Maryland Campaign, 1862 1
- Medicine 1
- Medicine, Military -- History 1
- Richmond (Va.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Diaries 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories -- New York Engineers -- 50th Regiment 1
- Virginia -- History 1 ∧ less
- Baughman, Greer H. (Greer Harry), 1840-1907 2
- Baughman, Charles C. (Charles Christian), 1842-1908 1
- Baughman, Emilius A. (Emilius Allen), 1844-1915 1
- Baughman, George, Jr., b. abt. 1837 1
- Baughman, George, Sr., 1809-1870 1
- Baughman, Mary Amelia (Minnie), 1847-1917 1
- Baughman, Mary Jane Greer, 1811-1898 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Artillery. Richmond Howitzers 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Infantry Regiment, 21st 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Light Artillery Battalion, 13th 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Light Artillery Battalion, 38th 1
- Foster, Lewis M., b. abt. 1844 1
- Leonard, William A., b.1843(?) 1
- Maury, Robert H. 1
- Moser, David, 1834-1929 (199th Pennsylvania Infantry) 1
- Rule, Joseph 1 ∧ less