Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
This collection contains two tax receipts issued to Charles D. Atkins for taxes paid on one enslaved person and land property. Payment is received by James L. Robinson, Sheriff of Orange County, Virginia, and James R. Bell, Constable. There is no name listed on either receipt for the enslaved person.
The collection contains papers related to the cargo ship Bark Lorena from Stockton, Maine, which carried goods to and from Europe and Cuba.
This collection contains the memorandum of an agreement between General John B. Floyd and Thomas J. Leaford of Fayette County, Virginia (now part of West Virginia), for $598.03 for damages to Alfred Beckley's mill. Leaford is also instructed to obtain a deed of trust from Beckley to the Confederate States of America.
This collection contains a check written by Andrew Johnson, President of the United States, in 1868.
This collection contains a soldier's benefit receipt paid to Mrs. Margaret Leslie of Wythe County, Virginia, on May 11, 1863, for supplies furnished to James Leslie, a soldier in the 45th Virginia Regiment of the Confederate Army during the American Civil War.
The collection consists of coastal trade bills and freight receipts, most engraved with vignettes of sailing ships. Items includes names port from which ship sailed, the name of the ship, the consignor, goods consigned, and the port to which goods were bound.
This collection contains three envelopes that included several different mining companies stock certificates from 1896 to 1904. These stock certificates were owned by different people with the amounts ranging from $1,000 to $2,000.
This collection contains a receipt that belonged to P. W. Pugh. The receipt was made out for fifty dollars by F. [Bienkamp?] for making a coffin for Pugh's father.
- Subject: Financial records X
- Financial records 9
- Receipts (financial records) 8
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 5
- Correspondence 3
- Civil War 2
- Wythe County (Va.) 2
- Account books 1
- Administrative records 1
- African Americans -- History 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 1
- Books 1
- Businesspeople 1
- Certificates 1
- Coal mines and mining 1
- Conceptual drawings 1
- Ephemera 1
- Geology 1
- Glass negatives 1
- Inventors 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Legal instruments (Legal documents) 1
- Marion (Va.) 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Orange County (Va.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Politicians -- United States 1
- Presidents -- United States 1
- Reports 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Slavery -- United States 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- Navy -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- University Archives 1
- University History 1
- Virginia -- History 1
- Virginia, Southwest 1
- West Virginia 1 ∧ less
- American Brake Shoe Company 1
- Atkins, Charles D., 1815-1882 (Orange County, Va.) 1
- Avery, Howard S. (Howard Shaeffer), 1906-1996 1
- Beckley, Alfred, 1802-1888 1
- Bell, James R. (Constable, Orange County, Va.) 1
- Bob (enslaved person) 1
- Floyd, John B. (John Buchanan), 1806-1863 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1
- Kabrich family 1
- Kabrich, George Washington Lewis, b. 1824 1
- Leslie, Margaret 1
- Lorena (Bark) 1
- Patterson, A. (Captain, Bark Lorena) 1
- Peter (enslaved person) 1
- Rigg, John 1
- Robinson, James L. (Sheriff, Orange County, Va.) 1
- Shugart family (Southwest Virginia) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1 ∧ less