Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
The Joseph R. Anderson Letters contain correspondence to Dr. Francis T. Stribling, the head of the Western Lunatic Asylum in Staunton, Virginia for bedposts, and James T. Ames Esq., the agent for Ames Manufacturing Company in Chicopee, Massachusetts regarding orders.
This collection contains administrative and teaching records, such as art course materials, departmental correspondence, photographs, and art exhibition materials from Dean Carter (1922-2013), professor and former head of the Art Department at Virginia Tech from 1950-1992.
The collection contains two letters to Gorham Dummer Gilman, a resident of Boston, in which John Conness writes of a book, Gold Stories of '49, by Nuima Smith.
This collection contains a handwritten letter to Goodrick Wilson from Mary and Virginia Crockett dated January 13, 1958. The letter discusses the history of the St. Peter's Church in New Kent and its connection to the American Revolutionary War (1775-1783).
The collection contains a letter from Henry Kyd Douglas, Hagerstown, Maryland attorney and former Confederate staff officer, to William P. Maulsby, judge and lawyer of Frederick, Maryland, regarding the case of Fiery et al v. Emmert et al.
This collection contains professional records and personal correspondence of Charles W. Hardin, a physician from Augusta County, Virginia.
This collection contains correspondence and personal items belonging to Nelson M. Magee, a 1952 graduate of Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Correspondence includes letters and cards sent to Magee while he was a V.P.I. student from 1948 to 1952.
This collection contains a typescript letter from and about the New River Bulletin, a twenty-eight column weekly in New River Depot, Virginia, in 1885.
The John W. Norwood Letter to Francis Stribling discusses the mental health of Norwood's wife and her paranoia torward the people they enslave.
- Subject: Letters X
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 5
- Civil War 4
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 4
- Virginia, Southwest 4
- Correspondence 3
- Ephemera 3
- African Americans -- History 2
- Art, American -- Virginia -- 20th century 1
- Augusta County (Va.) 1
- Faculty 1
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Legal instruments (Legal documents) 1
- Newsletters 1
- Nuclear ships 1
- Pulaski County (Va.) 1
- Receipts (financial records) 1
- Religion 1
- Rockbridge County (Va.) 1
- Slavery -- United States 1
- Smyth County (Va.) 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 1
- Students and alumni 1
- University Archives 1
- University History 1 + ∧ less
- Stribling, Francis T. (Francis Taliaferro), 1810-1874 2
- Western Lunatic Asylum (Va.) 2
- Anderson, Joseph R. (Joseph Reid), 1813-1892 1
- Carter, Dean, 1922-2013 1
- Conness, John, 1821-1909 1
- Crockett, Mary 1
- Crockett, Virginia 1
- Douglas, Henry Kyd, 1838-1903 1
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (Aircraft carrier : CVN-69) 1
- Hardin, Charles W., c. 1823-1899 1
- Magee, Nelson M. 1
- Maulsby, William P., 1815-1894 1
- Norwood, John W. (John Wall), 1803-1885 1
- Roberts, Lou Anne 1
- Shields, Hamilton Leroy, 1823-1889 1
- St. Peter's Parish Church (New Kent County, Va.) 1
- Townsend, Charles A. 1
- Triplett, Louise 1
- Vanwormer, Ames, b. abt. 1836 1
- Vanwormer, Margaret, b. abt. 1841 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Department of Art and Art History 1
- Whitelaw, Oscar Livingston, 1841-1917 1
- Whitman, Henry 1
- Wysor, Henry C. 1 + ∧ less