Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection includes oral history accounts from various African Americans with experience at Virginia Tech and/or in the Blacksburg area between the 1950s and the early 2000s.
This collection contains the papers of Virginia Tech alumnus and agricultural information editor.It contains correspondence and notes relating to the histories Blacksburg, the Preston family, and Smithfield Plantation (including maps of the grounds and the cemetery). It also contains a few campus photographs and printed materials related to Virginia Tech.
The John Murray Papers document the participation of John Murray, a Virginia Tech chemistry professor from 1942 to 1971, in Virginia's ornithological community. Collected materials include manuscript articles, scholarly correspondence, and bird watching logs which focus largely on Montgomery County, Virginia.
This collection includes eighty postcards. Dated cards range from 1906 through 1995, but many cards are not dated. Cards depict various subjects including campus views, campus buildings, football, Corps of Cadets, and Blacksburg views. Some of the postcards are postmarked and addressed to recipients, while some are blank.
Collection consists of architectural drawings, blueprints, and floorplans of selected campus buildings located on the campus of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, VA.
- Blacksburg (Va.) 6
- University History 6
- Faculty 3
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 1
- Oral histories (literary works) 1
- Students and alumni 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 5
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 5
- Allen, Beulah O. (Beulah Oyama), 1905-1992 1
- Carneal and Johnston (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Hutcheson, Eleanor Parrott 1
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 1
- John R. Hutcheson family 1
- Michael, Rudolph Dixon, 1904-1994 1
- Murray, John, 1909-2002 1
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. University Libraries 1 ∧ less