Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 20
This collection contains the papers of Ralph Minthorne Brown, Virginia Tech head librarian (1926-1947), amateur historian and naturalist. It includes materials on Virginia Tech and local history, including typed transcripts of sources gathered for an intended history of Virginia Tech. Also included are Brown's Blacksburg ornithological and weather observations, a bibliography of Matthew Fontaine Maury, and other writings.
Director of Agricultural Experiment Station at Virginia Polytechnic Institute, 1917-1945; assistant director of Agricultural Experiment Station, 1945 until his retirement in 1948. Collection consists of a Daily Desk Diary, which mentions persons and events in Blacksburg and at Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
Artist and former professor of architecture at Virginia Tech. Collection consists of twenty-two sketches and drawings done by Frazer of nudes and scenes of Blacksburg, Virginia, and the southwest Virginia region. Images available online.
The William E. Garnett Papers consist of field notes, surveys, reports, class notes, letters to the editors of Montgomery County, Virginia, newspapers, and reprints of publications.
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
This collection consists of photographs, negatives, and glass plate negatives depicting Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg, Montgomery County, and the New River area.
- Montgomery County (Va.) 19
- Faculty 11
- University Archives 6
- Photographs 3
- Women -- History 3
- Civil War 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- African Americans -- History 1
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 1
- Community theater 1
- Diaries 1
- Science and Technology 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 16
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 7
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 2
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 2
- Allen, Beulah O. (Beulah Oyama), 1905-1992 1
- Brown, Ralph Minthorne, 1878-1958 1
- Carneal and Johnston (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 1
- Frazer, George Preston 1
- Garnett, William E. (William Edward), 1885-1970 1
- Hill, Henry H. (Henry Harris Bunker) 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- McBryde, James Bolton, 1866-1925 1
- Michael, Rudolph Dixon, 1904-1994 1
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 1
- Price family 1
- Price, Emmett Russell, 1874-1944 1
- Price, Harvey Lee, 1874-1951 1
- Sanders, Harry W. (Harry Warinner), 1895-1984 1
- Sibold, Carrie T. (Carrie Taylor), 1904-1990 1
- Sibold, Chloe M., 1899-1976 1
- Sibold, Nannie V. (Nannie Virginia), 1897-1957 1
- Sibold, Thomas W. (Thomas William), 1909-1930 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. University Libraries 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 1
- Ware, Joseph F., 1880-1969 1
- Ware, Susana Howe Robinson, b. abt. 1897 1 ∧ less