Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 34
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
Map is a photostat of the topography of the VPI main campus in 1915. It contains a legend, along with some hand-written notes.
This collection consists of photographs, negatives, and glass plate negatives depicting Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg, Montgomery County, and the New River area.
This collection contains the papers of Virginia Tech alumnus and agricultural information editor.It contains correspondence and notes relating to the histories Blacksburg, the Preston family, and Smithfield Plantation (including maps of the grounds and the cemetery). It also contains a few campus photographs and printed materials related to Virginia Tech.
Perspective View, Suggested Ultimate Development of the War Memorial Group at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg, Virginia
Map shows an illustrated perspective view of the suggested plan for the War Memorial Group at VPI.
This collection contains the scrapbooks of Emmett Russell Price, professor of Agricultural Journalism at VPI, from 1910-1944. The scrapbooks consist of newspaper clippings about Blacksburg and VPI.
The Harvey Lee Price Papers contain handwritten notes and genealogies of various Montgomery County families which Price used to write his four volume series Outlines of Montgomery County Families. Also included are Price's subject files on the county and Virginia and his diplomas from VPI.
The collection consists of scrapbooks, journals, V.P.I. reunion materials, photograph albums, family diplomas, and the diary of Nannie V. Sibold. As a whole, the collection dates from 1912 to 1990. However, Carrie T. Sibold's scrapbook journals, which run from 1974 to 1990, constitute the the bulk of the collection material.
- Montgomery County (Va.) 33
- University History 20
- Faculty 12
- Maps (documents) 8
- Virginia -- Maps 8
- University Archives 7
- Women -- History 4
- Photographs 3
- Civil War 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- African Americans -- History 1
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 1
- Community theater 1
- Diaries 1
- Football 1
- Science and Technology 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 18
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 8
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 3
- Cowgill, Clinton Harriman, 1890-1975 2
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 2
- Allen, Beulah O. (Beulah Oyama), 1905-1992 1
- Boyd, S. M., Jr. 1
- Brown, Ralph Minthorne, 1878-1958 1
- Carneal and Johnston (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 1
- Frazer, George Preston 1
- Garnett, William E. (William Edward), 1885-1970 1
- Hill, Henry H. (Henry Harris Bunker) 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- Manning, Warren H. (Warren Henry), 1860-1938 1
- McBryde, James Bolton, 1866-1925 1
- Michael, Rudolph Dixon, 1904-1994 1
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 1
- Price family 1
- Price, Emmett Russell, 1874-1944 1
- Price, Harvey Lee, 1874-1951 1
- Randolph, Lingan S., Sr., b. abt. 1878 1
- Sanders, Harry W. (Harry Warinner), 1895-1984 1
- Sibold, Carrie T. (Carrie Taylor), 1904-1990 1
- Sibold, Chloe M., 1899-1976 1
- Sibold, Nannie V. (Nannie Virginia), 1897-1957 1
- Sibold, Thomas W. (Thomas William), 1909-1930 1
- Society of the Sigma Xi 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. University Libraries 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 1
- Walker, J. H. 1
- Ware, Joseph F., 1880-1969 1
- Ware, Susana Howe Robinson, b. abt. 1897 1 ∧ less