Showing Collections: 11 - 18 of 18
The collection consists of a handwritten collection of recipes, household accounts, and schoolwork from Litchfield family of Abingdon, Virginia. In addition to recipes for pickles and preserving, cakes, puddings, breads, and meats, there are also directions for home products like furniture polish, and lists of greenhouse plants.
The collection contains breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and beverage menus from the Norfolk & Western Railway, as well as two unused carbon copy checks for Norfolk & Western Railway's Dining Car Service.
This collection contains materials from Peacock-Harper Culinary History Friends, including meeting notes and materials, ephemera, memorabilia, photos, and artifacts relating to the organization and general culinary history. The collection includes records about events hosted or sponsored by the organization, such as the "Chef's Challenge," Artifacts include a woven vest, tote bags, and a framed quote about home economics.
Materials associated with the William and Florence Mae Wren Porterfield family of Giles County, Virginia, consisting of World War II ration stamps, Office of Price Administration ration point tokens, Selective Service classification notices, and receipts.
The collection includes correspondence, manuscript memoranda and recipe books, and family papers from the Godwin, Young, Trevey, Williams and other families of Botetourt, Rockbridge, and Roanoke Counties. Materials in this collection date from 1835-1878.
The Stimmel Distilling Company Form consists of a single form with a price list on one side and an order blank on the reverse.
The collection contains 12 menus from lunches and dinners at the Greenbrier Resort (White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia) between 1973 and 1976, as well as one from a dinner in 1986.
The Virginia Brewing Company letter was written on September 27, 1909 by Louis A. Scholz, President of the company, and Henry Scholz, Secretary and Treasurer of the company requesting support for anti-Prohibition laws in Virginia.
- Cocktail History Collection 5
- Cocktails -- History 5
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 2
- Food Technology and Production 2
- Roanoke (Va.) 2
- Women -- History 2
- Agriculture 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Civil War 1
- Correspondence 1
- Giles County (Va.) 1
- Greenbrier County (W. Va.) 1
- Home economics 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Patent medicines 1
- Prohibition -- United States -- History 1
- Railroad 1
- Rockbridge County (Va.) 1
- Salem (Va.) 1
- Traditional medicine 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia -- History 1
- West Virginia 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- Wythe County (Va.) 1 ∧ less
- Brady, Daniel C. E. (Daniel Charles Elliott), 1821-1878 1
- Bralley, John, 1797-1866 1
- Bridges & Sanders. New River Nursery 1
- Brown, Alexander W. , 1878-? 1
- Burnett, C. M. 1
- Cary, Katherine Roy Gordon, b.1895 1
- Cramer, Bettie (Elizabeth?) D., b. abt. 1838? 1
- Dill, Joseph G., 1828-1886 1
- Figgat, Nancy Godwin 1
- Giovanni, Gary Ann, 1940-2005 1
- Godwin, Ann 1
- Greenbrier (White Sulphur Springs, W. Va.) 1
- Hotel Roanoke 1
- Litchfield, Elizabeth Pannill Pierce, abt. 1844-1892 1
- Litchfield, Mary Louisa, abt. 1828-1906 1
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 1
- Peacock Harper Culinary Friends 1
- Scholz, Henry 1
- Scholz, Louis A. 1
- Stimmel Distilling Company (Norfolk, Va) 1
- The Virginia Brewing Company (1889-1916) (Roanoke, Va.) 1 ∧ less