Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
This collection contains Mother Goose nursery rhyme booklets and a sample tube of Colgate's Ribbon Dental Cream from 1908.
The Culinary Ephemera Collection was established in 2013. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (postcards, menus, children's activities, advertising pamphlets, and more) that relate to food, nutrition, and medicine, dating from the early 19th century to the present.
The collection includes small publications and pamphlets created and distributed by culinary, appliance, and food-related companies from about the 1870s to the 1990s. Most pamphlets contain advertisements, recipes, product information, testimonials, or some combination of all four.
The Educational Cookery Collection includes flyers, pamphlets, cooking school catalogs, recipes, menus, cookery lessons, and other ephemera relating to cookery and education, dating from the 1880s to the 1960s.
The Evaporated Milk Association Pamphlet Collection consists of a binder of pamphlets explaining evaoprated milk and the benefits of its use and consumption. The binder was sent as a group to libraries and includes two introductory letters, 26 pamphlets, and 4 scientific reports, the majority of which date from about the 1920s.
The Food Advertisement Collection consists of single page advertisements for a variety of food products, largely pulled from magazines. Items dates from 1894 to 1962, with the majority from the 1910s-1940s.
The Ann A. Hertzler Collection contains biographical information, publications, project and subject files, and artifacts relating to Hertzler's professional career at the University of Missouri-Columbia (1974-1980) and Virginia Tech (1980-2001). Particular areas of emphasis are children's health and nutrition, food and food programs, and Extension publications from both colleges.
This collection contains a toy cooking set featured in the 1937 Sears Christmas Wish Book, along with a companion cookbook for young girls, The Little Cook Book Featuring Little Recipes for Little Girls by Leone Ann Heuer, a Sears, Roebuck and Co. cooking expert.
This collection contains a set of thirteen "Make America Stong" posters that were published by the U. S. Department of Agriculture and the U. S. Government Printing Office in 1941 during World War II. These posters promote dietary needs, healthy eating habits, and ways to fight food insecurity.
The collection contains United States Department of Agriculture, War Food Administration, and other national agency publications from the early 20th century to the present day.
- Subject: Nutrition X
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 10
- Food Technology and Production 7
- Nutrition 7
- Ephemera 5
- Agriculture 4
- Culinary pamphlets 4
- Pamphlets 4
- Children -- Nutrition 3
- Advertisements 2
- Advertising cards 2
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 2
- Home economics 2
- Menus 2
- Patent medicines 2
- Postcards 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Cocktail History Collection 1
- Cocktails -- History 1
- Faculty 1
- Games 1
- Health 1
- Home demonstration work 1
- Medicine 1
- Puzzles and games 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Toys 1
- Trade cards 1
- Traditional medicine 1
- University History 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 2
- Evaporated Milk Association 1
- Hertzler, Ann A., 1935-2014 1
- Heuer, Leone Ann 1
- Olver, Lynne, d.2015 1
- Ross, Alice, 1930- 1
- Sears, Roebuck and Company 1
- Talbot, Fritz B. (Fritz Bradley), 1878-1964 1
- United States. Agricultural Research Service 1
- United States. Department of Health and Human Services 1
- United States. Division of Home Economics 1
- United States. War Food Administration 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1 + ∧ less