Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
The Named/Individual Photograph Collections include images from alumni and former faculty and staff, or individuals with ties to campus and the New River Valley. Collections (c.1890-present) depict campus life and events, railroad history, agricultural extension research, Blacksburg and surrounding areas, and some local families.
The Harry Downing Temple, Jr., Papers contains materials related to Temple's personal life, interest in heraldry and insignia, and his research and publications on the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets. Materials date from about 1872 to 2004.
- University History 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Women -- History 2
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 3
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 3
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 3
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 3
- Temple, Harry Downing 1