Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Preston Leech Glass Slides and Cassette Tape
Named/Individual Photograph Collections
The Named/Individual Photograph Collections include images from alumni and former faculty and staff, or individuals with ties to campus and the New River Valley. Collections (c.1890-present) depict campus life and events, railroad history, agricultural extension research, Blacksburg and surrounding areas, and some local families.
Norfolk & Western Railway Company Construction Site Photographs
The Norfolk & Western Railway Company Construction Site Photographs includes approximately 360 photographs (and in some cases, photocopies of photographs) of railroad construction in Southwest Virginia. The majority of images date from 1967-1981.
Norfolk & Western Passenger Station Photograph, Marion, Virginia
The collection contains a photograph of the Norfolk & Western Passenger Station, in Marion, Virginia, n.d.
Norfolk & Western Railway Company Photograph
The colletion contains a photograph of group believed to be Roanoke, Virginia employees of Norfolk & Western Railway Company.
J. C. Porter Photograph Album
Photographic album containing approximately 240 photographs (all c. 1890) of structures and scenes in several southwestern Virginia counties, including Bland, Craig, Giles, and Smyth.
O. Gaines Whitley, Sr., Photograph Albums
The O. Gaines Whitley, Sr., Photograph Albums contain photographic materials from the
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 5
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Bland County (Va.) 1
- Craig County (Va.) 1
- Giles County (Va.) 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Smyth County (Va.) 1
- University History 1
- Women -- History 1 + ∧ less
- Norfolk and Western Railroad Company (1881-1896) 2
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 2
- Leech, Preston 1
- Porter, J. C. 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 1
- Whitley, O. Gaines, Sr. 1 + ∧ less