Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection contains two tax receipts issued to Charles D. Atkins for taxes paid on one enslaved person and land property. Payment is received by James L. Robinson, Sheriff of Orange County, Virginia, and James R. Bell, Constable. There is no name listed on either receipt for the enslaved person.
The collection contains papers related to the cargo ship Bark Lorena from Stockton, Maine, which carried goods to and from Europe and Cuba.
This collection contains the memorandum of an agreement between General John B. Floyd and Thomas J. Leaford of Fayette County, Virginia (now part of West Virginia), for $598.03 for damages to Alfred Beckley's mill. Leaford is also instructed to obtain a deed of trust from Beckley to the Confederate States of America.
This collection contains a soldier's benefit receipt paid to Mrs. Margaret Leslie of Wythe County, Virginia, on May 11, 1863, for supplies furnished to James Leslie, a soldier in the 45th Virginia Regiment of the Confederate Army during the American Civil War.
The collection consists of coastal trade bills and freight receipts, most engraved with vignettes of sailing ships. Items includes names port from which ship sailed, the name of the ship, the consignor, goods consigned, and the port to which goods were bound.
This collection contains a receipt that belonged to P. W. Pugh. The receipt was made out for fifty dollars by F. [Bienkamp?] for making a coffin for Pugh's father.
This collection contains nineteenth century financial documents, including tax records for various Virginia residents. Also included are several hand-written receipts mentioning the sale or labor of enslaved people, including a Black child named Peter and a Black man named Bob.
- Subject: Receipts (financial records) X
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 4
- Financial records 3
- Civil War 2
- Administrative records 1
- African Americans -- History 1
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 1
- Books 1
- Businesspeople 1
- Conceptual drawings 1
- Correspondence 1
- Geology 1
- Glass negatives 1
- Inventors 1
- Orange County (Va.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Reports 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Slavery -- United States 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- Navy -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia -- History 1
- West Virginia 1
- Wythe County (Va.) 1 ∧ less
- American Brake Shoe Company 1
- Atkins, Charles D., 1815-1882 (Orange County, Va.) 1
- Avery, Howard S. (Howard Shaeffer), 1906-1996 1
- Beckley, Alfred, 1802-1888 1
- Bell, James R. (Constable, Orange County, Va.) 1