Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
This collection contains a handwritten letter to Goodrick Wilson from Mary and Virginia Crockett dated January 13, 1958. The letter discusses the history of the St. Peter's Church in New Kent and its connection to the American Revolutionary War (1775-1783).
The collection includes accounting records, attendance records, documents from the diocese, bills, correspondence, and service programs for five churches and one diocese organization.
The Episcopal Diocese of Southwestern Virginia Records consist of the Diocese's administrative records, including incoming (often from parishioners) and outgoing correspondence, with a scattering of newspaper clippings, photographs, building plans and surveys, pamphlets, and meeting minutes, from the central administrative office in Roanoke and the churches within the Diocese.
The collection contains a photograph of the Fancy Gap Church Singing Class.
This collection contains the papers of Norman L. Grover a former professor in the Philosophy and Religion Department(s) at Virginia Tech from 1957-1991.
The Viola James collection contains membership cards for the Women of the Ku Klux Klan, a blank application form, and printed items about the organization. It also includes a small framed tintype of two little girls.
Papers of J. D. Kingsbury, a missionary of the American Sunday-School Union of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, working in Monongalia and Marion counties, Virginia (now West Virginia), in 1854. Includes letters from American Sunday-School Union officers, a missionary working in counties adjacent to Kingsbury's, and J. S. McKinney of Palatine; and a form letter appointing Kingsbury as missionary.
Record book documenting baptisms, meeting minutes, memberships, Sunday school attendance, and financial information for the Pulaski, Virginia, Mission of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South.
This collection contains an undated fundraising handbill for the National Association of Ministers' Wives, listing Mrs. E. C. Bouey as president and Mrs. W. L. Ransome as secretary. The association was founded by Elizabeth C. Bouey, who served as its president from its founding in 1941 until her death in 1957, and it is now called International Association of Ministers’ Wives and Ministers' Widows, Inc.
This collection contains the papers of Robert Younger Norman, a singer, laborer, and veteran. Most materials relate to the Pilgrim Gospel Singers, a Black gospel choir active in Virginia from 1951 through the 1970s, of which Norman was a member.
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 10
- Virginia, Southwest 4
- African Americans -- History 2
- Carroll County (Va.) 2
- Montgomery County (Va.) 2
- Musical groups 2
- Photographs 2
- University History 2
- West Virginia 2
- Advertisements 1
- Advertising cards 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Correspondence 1
- Diseases 1
- Faculty 1
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- Letters 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Postcards 1
- Pulaski County (Va.) 1
- Trade cards 1
- Virginia -- History 1 + ∧ less
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Southwestern Virginia 2
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Southwestern Virginia. Standing Committee 2
- Bouey, Elizabeth Coles, ca. 1890-1957 1
- Christ Episcopal Church (1917-) (Roanoke, Va.) 1
- Christ Episcopal Church (Schuyler, Va.) 1
- Crockett, Mary 1
- Crockett, Virginia 1
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Southern Virginia 1
- Grover, Norman 1
- Jett, Robert C. (Robert Carter), 1865-1950 1
- Kingsbury, J. D. 1
- Ku Klux Klan (1915-) 1
- Light, A. Heath (Arthur Heath), 1929- 1
- Marmion, William H. (William Henry), 1907-2002 1
- National Association of Ministers' Wives 1
- Norman, Robert Younger, 1913-1977 1
- Phillips, Henry D. (Henry Disbrow), 1882-1955 1
- Pilgrim Gospel Singers (Promise Land Baptist Church, Moneta, Va.) 1
- Ransome, Mary M., 1899-1968 1
- St. Andrew's Episcopal Church (Galax, Va.) 1
- St. John's Episcopal Church (Roanoke, Va.) 1
- St. Peter's Episcopal Church (Roanoke, Va.) 1
- St. Peter's Parish Church (New Kent County, Va.) 1
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the New River Valley (Blacksburg, Va.) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Department of Philosophy and Religion 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Department of Religion and Culture 1 + ∧ less