Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The Baughman Family Papers contain correspondence between members of the Baughman family of Richmond, Virginia, as well as with friends, written from 1837 to 1957 (bulk, 1837-1907). The second part of the collection is family papers from about 1859 to the 1940s. This includes military documents, estate papers, legal documents, Confederate society papers, poetry, and photographs.
The collection consists of a commonplace book owned by Minnie Baughman of Richmond, Virginia. Mary Amelia Baughman, known as "Minnie," was the daughter of George and Mary Jane Greer Baughman and sister of Confederate soldiers, George, Jr., Greer H., Charles C., and Emilius A. Baughman. The book dates from November 1864 to July 1865 and contains Minnie's algebra work, French vocabulary, grammar, and a large amount of poetry and Confederate patriotic songs.
Two letters from Henry G. Mervine, of the 17th Battery, New York Light Infantry during the American Civil War, addressed to his wife Lizzie and written from Petersburg and Richmond, Virginia.
Letter written by Willis F. Riddick in Richmond, Virginia, to Addie Courier, April 1st, 1863. Riddick's letter is written from the Confederate Capitol of Richmond, Virginia and contains information relating to popular literature, war news, and items regarding the city of Richmond.
The collection contains a letter written by Larkin Smith from Drake's Branch, Charlotte County, Virginia to Union Brigadier General Marsena Patrick, Provost Marshal of the Army of the Potomac, undated. The letter is a request from Smith for Patrick to provide safe escort for Smith's daughter and niece while they are in Richmond.
This collection includes a small pink business card from Simon Sycle, a dealer in clothing, furnishings, hats, and shoes located in Richmond, Virginia. This business was opened from about the 1890s to the 1920s.
- Subject: Richmond (Va.) X
- Civil War 5
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 5
- Businesspeople 2
- Confederate States of America -- Social Life and Customs 2
- Advertising cards 1
- Baltimore (Md.) -- 1860-1910 1
- Ephemera 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Siege, 1864-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Homefront 1
- Women -- History 1 ∧ less
- Baughman, Mary Amelia (Minnie), 1847-1917 2
- Baughman, Charles C. (Charles Christian), 1842-1908 1
- Baughman, George, Jr., b. abt. 1837 1
- Baughman, George, Sr., 1809-1870 1
- Baughman, Greer H. (Greer Harry), 1840-1907 1