Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19
Albert Brown graduated from Virginia Tech in 1938 with a degree in Agricultural Engineering. The collection consists of Virginia Tech memorabilia and class assignments from Brown's time at Virginia Tech. Materials date from 1930 through 1938.
Samuel Edwin Carnahan (1884-1970) graduated from Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (VPI) in 1907 with a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. The collection contains his 1907 VPI diploma, signed by VPI president John McBryde and the Board of Visitors.
This collection of materials about accusations in student hazing incident at Virginia Polytechnic Institute, subsequent disciplinary actions by the university's faculty, actions taken by the Board of Visitors, appeal by Judge George L. Christian (father of one of the accused), and proceedings of a joint legislative committee investigating the incident and the college's faculty and administrative practices and policies.
This collection includes the papers of Lewis A. Hall, a 1924 graduate of Virginia Tech, consisting largely of memorabilia from his time at the university and as an active alumnus. Includes programs, certificates, textiles, and photographs, as well as drawings for engineering class assignments.
William Gideon Harris's album contains photographs of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute (VPI) campus and surrounding areas, c. 1908-1912, as well as several newsclippings and pieces of poetry. .
This scrapbook contains photographs and memorabilia dating 1918-1926 from United States Military Academy (West Point) and Virginia Polytechnic Institute (VPI) by Bertram A. Holtzworth, who attended VPI before graduating from West Point in 1927. He served in the U.S. Army from his time as a cadet at West Point until his retirement as Major General in 1963.
The J. Preston Newman Papers includes four poems (1935-1938, n.d.), as well as papers relating to Ralph Minthorne Brown, university librarian at Virginia Tech.
- University History 16
- Faculty 8
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 4
- Blacksburg (Va.) 2
- Civil War 1
- Education, Higher 1
- Grayson County (Va.) 1
- Mathematics 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Physics 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women -- History 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 14
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 9
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 5
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 3
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Alumni Association 2
- Virginia Tech Alumni Association 2
- Bailey, Ilena M. 1
- Brown, Albert M. 1
- Brown, Ralph Minthorne, 1878-1958 1
- Carnahan, Samuel Edwin, 1884-1970 1
- Christian, George L. 1
- Harris, William Gideon 1
- Holtzworth, Bertram Arthur, 1904-1971 1
- Hutcheson, Eleanor Parrott 1
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 1
- John R. Hutcheson family 1
- Johnston, J. Ambler (James Ambler), 1885-1974 1
- Newman, J. Preston (James Preston), 1913-1982 1
- Radford College 1
- Radford, J. Lawrence, 1857-1896? 1
- Robeson, Frank Leigh, 1884-1974 1
- Shepherd, Harvey E. (Harvey Earl) 1
- Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1 + ∧ less