Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 25
This collection contains 45 items, mostly letters from Percy Hotspur Lash II while a student at Virginia Polytechnic Institute in the mid-1920s written to friends in Gladys and Lynchburg, Virginia. Other items include banquet programs, blank postcards, and photographs.
This collection contains correspondence and personal items belonging to Nelson M. Magee, a 1952 graduate of Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Correspondence includes letters and cards sent to Magee while he was a V.P.I. student from 1948 to 1952.
This collection contains papers belonging to Merwin Leven during his time as a student at V.P.I. from 1948-1950, mostly related to the Corps of Cadets and other student organizations.
The collection contains the papers of Virginia Tech graduate, professor of modern languages, and director of athletics Clarence Paul "Sally" Miles, including grade books for courses in French and German, together with personal memorabilia and photographs.
This collection consists of a letter from Payne to Walter S. Newman, VPI President (1947-1962), a letter from Newman to Miss Elizabeth Woolwine in the library, and a completed questionnaire regarding VAMC in the 1870s and 1880s.
This collection contains a minute book belonging to the Pittsylvania Club, which was founded in 1894 at Virginia Agrivultural and Mechanical College. The minutes primarily include information about the election of new members and the election of officers.
This collection consists of the papers of engineer, mathematician and physicist James Robbins Randolph, including notes, calculations, correspondence and writings.
The collection includes papers from Frank L. Robeson's tenure as a student at Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute, Columbia University, and Johns Hopkins University, as well as subject and research files from his nearly 50 years as an instructor and professor at VPI, dating from 1899 to 1954.
The collection includes two photographs from 1962 of Shelton receiving an "Outstanding Trainee" certificate for his basic training company at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. It also includes a letter from the Fort Jackson Commanding General to VPI President Walter S. Newman about Shelton's award.
This paper describes the early meetings which lead to the creation of the farm demonstration work program. Farrar Shelton attended one of these early meetings as an eighth grader. Shelton later attended VPI and graduated with the class of 1915 with a degree in agriculture, he went on to become a county demonstration agent.
- Subject: Students and alumni X
- University History 22
- Faculty 7
- Science and Technology 6
- University Archives 6
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 3
- Physics 3
- Ephemera 2
- Physicists 2
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Archives of American Aerospace Exploration (AAAE) 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Chemical engineering 1
- Civil War 1
- Letters 1
- Mathematics 1
- Memorabilia 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Railroad 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 14
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 11
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Alumni Association 2
- Virginia Tech Alumni Association 2
- Adams, T. Tunstall, Jr. 1
- American Brake Shoe Company 1
- Appalachian Electric Power Company (1926-1958) 1
- Appalachian Power Company 1
- Avery, Howard S. (Howard Shaeffer), 1906-1996 1
- Beattie, Claibourne Walton, Jr., 1923-1978 1
- Beattie, Claibourne Walton, Sr., 1896-1971 1
- Begg, R. B. H. (Robert Burns Haldane), 1880-1965 1
- Burke, J. A., Jr. (Jerry Allen) 1
- Burnette, Phyllis 1
- Claytor, W. Graham (William Graham), 1886-1971 1
- Drumheller, Warren D. 1
- Hutcheson, Eleanor Parrott 1
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 1
- John R. Hutcheson family 1
- Johnston, J. Ambler (James Ambler), 1885-1974 1
- Lash, Percy Hotspur, II 1
- Leven, Merwin 1
- Magee, Nelson M. 1
- Miles, Clarence Paul, 1879-1966 1
- Newman, Walter S. (Walter Stephenson), 1895-1978 1
- Oakes, Jane Elizabeth 1
- Payne, Charles K. 1
- Randolph, James Robbins, 1891-1969 1
- Roberts, Lou Anne 1
- Robeson, Frank Leigh, 1884-1974 1
- Shelton, Billy G. 1
- Shelton, Farrar (Farrar Vilas) 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority 1
- Triplett, Louise 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Arts and Sciences (1970-2003) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Science (2003-) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Physics Department 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Board of Visitors 1
- Werth, James, 1903-1959 (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Wiley, E. C. 1
- Zallen, Richard, b.1937 1 ∧ less