Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 18
The Alexandria and Fairfax Counties [Virginia] Civil War Correspondence consists of 40 letters by 31 soldiers, dated between 1861 and 1862. Letters were written by soldiers stationed in and around Alexandria and Fairfax counties and Washington, D.C., in the first 12-16 months of the American Civil War.
The collection consists of a letter from Union soldier Brigadier General Asa P. Blunt (1826-1889), written to an unidentified cousin, from Fort Monroe, Va., on June 10, 1864.
The collection consists of a letter written by "Mima Brown" from Pulaski, Virginia to her brother Pvt. James H. Farmer on November 8, 1863.
The collection consists of two letters written by "Mark," a Confederate cavalryman, to his father in 1861.
Four letters from a Union soldier identified only as "Isaac," written to his parents from various points in Virginia, during the American Civil War.
The collection consists of 65 letters written between Catlett Conway and family members during the years 1892-1920.
The collection is composed of materials related to Dickenson's research on Southwest Virginia African Americans from the Civil War until the present.
The collection includes a single letter from Lewis M. Foster to his mother, written near Petersburg, Virginia, December 1864.
Letter written by Hector S. Hart, a private with the 126th Regiment, Ohio Infantry to his mother. Dated April 30th, 1865.
The collection contains an arrest warrant issued on January 30th, 1864 for Patrick Keyces, a deserter from the 30th Virginia Sharpshooters Battalion.
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 4
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Virginia, Southwest 2
- African Americans -- History 1
- Botetourt County (Va.) 1
- Confederate States of America -- Army -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- Diaries 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Siege, 1864-1865 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) 1
- Salem (Va.) 1
- Virginia 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- Maps 1
- West Virginia 1
- Women -- History 1 + ∧ less
- Ash, William (3rd Regiment, Vermont Infantry) 1
- Baskin, J. T. 1
- Blunt, Asa Peabody, 1826-1889 1
- Brown, Mima (Pulaski County, Virginia) 1
- Cole, Henry 1
- Cole, Luther 1
- Conway, Battaile Fitzhugh Taliaferro 1
- Conway, Catlett, 1840-1920 1
- Conway, Henry 1
- Conway, John C. 1
- Conway, Mary Wallace 1
- Conway, William Buchanan, 1845-1920 1
- Davis, George E. , d.1863 (Company F, Harris Light Cavalry) 1
- Dickenson, Richard B., 1930-2006 1
- Dixon, William D. 1
- Edwards, Clarke S. (Clarke Swett), 1824-1903 1
- Farmer, James H. (54th Regiment, Virginia Infantry) 1
- Foster, Lewis M., b. abt. 1844 1
- Gerry, C. E. 1
- Green, Josiah M. 1
- Gregory, W. B. (William Bartleman), 1829-1887 1
- Guion, J. Marshall, 1822-1891 1
- Hanna, James W. 1
- Hart, Hector (126th Regiment, Ohio Infantry) 1
- Hersum, George L. (5th Regiment, New Hampshire Infantry) 1
- Hunt, Melvin (72nd Regiment, New York Infantry) 1
- Keyces (Keycas), Patrick 1
- Kyger, Henry C. (5th Regiment, Wisconsin Infantry) 1
- Lacaster, G. W. 1
- Lewis, George (4th Regiment, Michigan Infantry) 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Lukens, Franklin B. (Company E, 3rd Regiment, New Jersey Infantry) 1
- Martin, Thomas R., b. abt. 1848? 1
- Miller, Henry 1
- Nickerson, Melville P. (2nd Regiment, Maine Infantry) 1
- Penman, Abraham (12th Regiment, Pennsylvania Reserve Infantry (41st Volunteers)) 1
- Rappleyea, Jeremiah C. (1st Regiment, New Jersey Infantry) 1
- Sleeper, Charles W., abt. 1841-1893 1
- Stewart, Peter (79th NY Highland Guard) 1
- Stickley, Peter B., 1825-1861 1
- Turrill, Reuben 1
- Tyler, Cyril H. 1
- Van Fleet, Abraham 1
- Virginia. General Assembly 1
- Warren, Henry M., 1837-1862 1
- Way, Alexander M. (Alexander Moore), 1826-1890 1
- Wilson, Jeffrey Thomas, 1843-1929 1 + ∧ less