Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Thi collection contains a ledger from Halifax County, Virginia general mercantile store, with entries listing customer names, together with descriptions of items purchased and dates and prices of purchases.
This collection contains seven ledgers and one letter from the estate of Isaac Horne (1801-1878) of Glade Spring, Washington County, Virginia. The ledgers show the Hornes owned a dry goods, fabric and tanning business. Transactions are recorded selling leather items to Confederate Soldiers during the American Civil War.
This collection includes the papers of James R. Perdue and his family. Items include a program for the Battle of the Crater reunion, a Sunday School concert flyer, seven obituaries for Perdue, a letter from J. R. Perdue, Jr., and two ledgers. Perdue (1837-1915) was a banker from Manchester, Virginia, and served as a Confederate soldier in the Otey Battery, Virginia Artillery during the American Civil War.
This collection contains two ledgers from the Washington Light Guard from 1861.
- Ledgers (account books) 3
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Account books 1
- Correspondence 1
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- Medicine 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Traditional medicine 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Desertions 1
- Virginia 1
- Virginia, Southwest 1
- Washington County (Va.) 1 + ∧ less
- Horne, Isaac James, 1801-1878 1
- Perdue, James Robert, 1837-1915 1
- Washington Light Guards (Washington, D.C. ) 1