Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The collection include photographs, slides, negatives, and audiotapes from Virginia 4-H State Shows, State Fairs, and other events throughout the state. 4-H programs began in Virginia in 1908, and since then, the Virginia Cooperative Extension, Virginia Tech, and Virginia State University have hosted the Virginia 4-H Horse Program, which emphasizes equine selection, nutrition, management, riding, and horsemanship.
This collection contains the administrative records of the Virginia Cooperative Extension, including correspondence, reports, financial documents, slides, videos, and the records of Bob Swain. The collection also documents the VCE's role in Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission, Virginia Association of Extension Secretaries, and their work within rural communities.
- 4-H clubs 1
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension. 4-H Youth Development 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Extension Division 1