Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
The Named/Individual Photograph Collections include images from alumni and former faculty and staff, or individuals with ties to campus and the New River Valley. Collections (c.1890-present) depict campus life and events, railroad history, agricultural extension research, Blacksburg and surrounding areas, and some local families.
This paper describes the early meetings which lead to the creation of the farm demonstration work program. Farrar Shelton attended one of these early meetings as an eighth grader. Shelton later attended VPI and graduated with the class of 1915 with a degree in agriculture, he went on to become a county demonstration agent.
This collection contains the papers of William Logan Threlkeld, professor of zoology and biology at Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1929-1958), including biographical materials, personal and professional correspondence, research files, and printed materials.
This collection contains the administrative records of the Virginia Cooperative Extension, including correspondence, reports, financial documents, slides, videos, and the records of Bob Swain. The collection also documents the VCE's role in Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission, Virginia Association of Extension Secretaries, and their work within rural communities.
- Faculty 2
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Photographs 2
- Women -- History 2
- Agriculture 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Railroad 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Students and alumni 1
- University Archives 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 4
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 4
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 2
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 2
- Shelton, Farrar (Farrar Vilas) 1
- Threlkeld, William Logan, 1893-1988 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Extension Division 1 + ∧ less