Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection consists of official records and periodicals from the AAUW, Virginia Tech Chapter and the National AAUW including minutes, administrative records, state and national convention programs, awards and scholarships, publications, and other materials concerning community outreach from 1926-2008.
Milka Bliznakov was a Bulgarian architect, architectural historian, and professor who practiced in Bulgaria, France, and the United States. The collection consists of her publications, research, correspondence, professional documentation of her practice, conference participation materials, teaching materials, and documents related to her involvement as the founder of the International Archive of Women in Architecture.
This collection includes a scrapbook compiled by Blacksburg, Virginia artist Ruth White Fisher, relating to her series of paintings titled "The Evolution of Creativity," donated to Virginia Tech. It includes photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and ephemera about the paintings and the donation ceremony.
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
The Named/Individual Photograph Collections include images from alumni and former faculty and staff, or individuals with ties to campus and the New River Valley. Collections (c.1890-present) depict campus life and events, railroad history, agricultural extension research, Blacksburg and surrounding areas, and some local families.
The collection consists of scrapbooks, journals, V.P.I. reunion materials, photograph albums, family diplomas, and the diary of Nannie V. Sibold. As a whole, the collection dates from 1912 to 1990. However, Carrie T. Sibold's scrapbook journals, which run from 1974 to 1990, constitute the the bulk of the collection material.
- Blacksburg (Va.) 5
- Montgomery County (Va.) 5
- Photographs 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Faculty 2
- Students and alumni 2
- Civil War 1
- History of Women in Architecture 1
- International Archive of Women in Architecture (IAWA) 1
- Railroad 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia, Southwest 1
- Women architects -- Bulgaria 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 6
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 5
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 2
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 2
- American Association of University Women. Blacksburg Branch (Va.) 1
- Bliznakov, Milka T., 1927-2010 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- Sibold, Carrie T. (Carrie Taylor), 1904-1990 1
- Sibold, Chloe M., 1899-1976 1
- Sibold, Nannie V. (Nannie Virginia), 1897-1957 1
- Sibold, Thomas W. (Thomas William), 1909-1930 1 + ∧ less