Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection consists of papers that Patrick A. Bowmaster wrote for his graduate classes at Virginia Tech. Among these papers is an edited transcript of the diary of Jasper Hawse (1835-1905), an American Civil War soldier born in Hardy County, Virginia. The collection also includes a paper about Emanuel Stance, the first African American to win the Congressional Medal of Honor for action in the post-Civil War period.
Thomas Nelson Conrad (1837-1905) served in the Confederate Army during the American Civil War and as President of Virginia Tech. The collection consists of the original manuscript of The Rebel Scout: A Thrilling History of Scouting Life in the Southern Army, written by Conrad from 1891 to 1893, and published in 1904.
The Thomas David Perry Collection includes the papers relating to the history of Patrick County, Virginia, and native son James Ewell Brown "Jeb" Stuart, a Confederate General during the American Civil War, particularly Stuart's genealogy and birthplace, Laurel Hill.
This collection includes research notes, manuscripts, typescript drafts, working copies and galley proofs for books and articles written by Virginia Tech's Alumni Distinguished Professor of History James I. Robertson Jr., 1982-2001. Large collection of notes, papers, and correspondence relateing to Virginia Civil War counties and units. Also contains a small set of general materials which includes items related to the preservation of lands adjacent to Manassas National Battlefield Park.
The Showacre Family Papers consists of a handwritten copy of a eulogy for Charles Showacre by Reverend William Runyan and given on May 22, 1864, and an acceptance letter dated September 23, 1873, admitting George D. Showarce to the Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College.
- Faculty 5
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 4
- Students and alumni 3
- Blacksburg (Va.) 2
- Montgomery County (Va.) 2
- Patrick County (Va.) -- History 1
- Photographs 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Diaries 1
- University Archives 1
- Virginia 1
- Women -- History 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 5
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 4
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 3
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 2
- Bowmaster, Patrick A. 1
- Conrad, Thomas Nelson 1
- Hawse, Jasper, 1835-1905 1
- Hill, Henry H. (Henry Harris Bunker) 1
- Johnston, J. Ambler (James Ambler), 1885-1974 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- Perry, Thomas David 1
- Robertson, James I., Jr. 1
- Runyan, William 1
- Shepherd, V. E. 1
- Showacre, Charles, d.1864 1
- Showacre, George D. 1
- Stuart, Jeb, 1833-1864 1 + ∧ less