Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
The Agricultural Ephemera Collection was established in 2015. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (advertisements, order forms and blanks, postcards, clippings, and more) that relate to agriculture, farming, livestock, and poultry & fowl, dating from the late 19th century to the present.
This collection includes materials from a membership recruiting packet for the American Nazi Party from c.1966.
This collection contains administrative and teaching records, such as art course materials, departmental correspondence, photographs, and art exhibition materials from Dean Carter (1922-2013), professor and former head of the Art Department at Virginia Tech from 1950-1992.
The Cocktail Ephemera Collection is a collection that was created in 2013. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (i.e., postcards, pamphlets, and adverstising ephemera) relating to the history of the cocktails, spirits, and wine, dating from the about the 1870s to the present.
The Culinary Ephemera Collection was established in 2013. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (postcards, menus, children's activities, advertising pamphlets, and more) that relate to food, nutrition, and medicine, dating from the early 19th century to the present.
The Educational Cookery Collection includes flyers, pamphlets, cooking school catalogs, recipes, menus, cookery lessons, and other ephemera relating to cookery and education, dating from the 1880s to the 1960s.
The Lyric Theatre Collection contains lobby cards, event programs, film flyers, and several film-related newsletters, dating from 1922 to 2006. The majority of the collection consists of lobby cards (1936-1979) and film flyers (undated, but mostly c.1920s-1950s).
The Military & Wartime Cookery Collection consists of a variety of manuscript and ephemeral materials relating to the history of military and wartime food and cooking. Items in the collection date from 1884 to 1965, though the bulk of the collection covers parts of World War I through World War II (1917-1945).
This collection contains three envelopes that included several different mining companies stock certificates from 1896 to 1904. These stock certificates were owned by different people with the amounts ranging from $1,000 to $2,000.
- Subject: Ephemera X
- Ephemera 12
- History of Food and Drink 7
- Pamphlets 5
- Advertisements 4
- Culinary pamphlets 4
- Ephemera (general object genre) 4
- Food Technology and Production 4
- Advertising cards 3
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 3
- Menus 3
- Nutrition 3
- Postcards 3
- Agriculture 2
- Children -- Nutrition 2
- Civil War 2
- Coal mines and mining 2
- Cocktail History Collection 2
- Cocktails -- History 2
- Faculty 2
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 2
- Letters 2
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Patent medicines 2
- University Archives 2
- University History 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Art, American -- Virginia -- 20th century 1
- Beer 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Businesspeople 1
- Certificates 1
- Correspondence 1
- Fascism 1
- Financial records 1
- Games 1
- Health 1
- Medicine 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Nuclear ships 1
- Puzzles and games 1
- Record Group 5 1
- Richmond (Va.) 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Socialist parties 1
- Trade cards 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Wine and wine making 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- American Nazi Party (1960-1967) 1
- Carter, Dean, 1922-2013 1
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (Aircraft carrier : CVN-69) 1
- Koehl, Matt, Jr. (Matthias), 1935-2014 1
- Lyric Theatre (Blacksburg, Va.) 1
- National Association of Union Ex-Prisoners of War (Washington, DC) 1
- Olver, Lynne, d.2015 1
- Patler, John, 1938- 1
- Rockwell, George Lincoln, 1918-1967 1
- Ross, Alice, 1930- 1
- Sycle, Simon, 1846-1906 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Department of Art and Art History 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Learning Resources Center 1 ∧ less