Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 33
The collection consists of a ledger for the Adams Express Company recording shipments being moved from Hot Springs, Virginia, to Warm Springs, Virginia, between May and September of 1912.
This collection includes a daybook, business journal, ledgers, and notes of C. B. Anderson [Charles Blanton Anderson, Sr.?], a general store owner in Newbern (Pulaski County), Virginia.
This colleciton contains an account ledger of unidentified general store, surmised to have operated in Bergen County, New Jersey, with Benjamin Post the possible proprietor.
This collection contains an Internal Revenue collections account book kept by J. A. Brown of Martinsville, Virginia, from 1889-1892.
Ledger maintained by John Brown, a resident of Camden, Maine, providing a record of payments for hauling lime and charcoal, carpentry and farmwork, and goods purchased.
The collection contains a ledger of David M. Davis, farmer, proprietor of clothing/shoe store, treasury clerk, and resident of Washington, D.C. and Fauquier County, Virginia. It also contains daily transactions of clothing/shoe store, including customer name, goods purchased, and prices paid; accounts with farm workers; and daily diary entries for summer months of 1890-1892.
This collection contains three financial ledgers (daybook, journal, and ledger) of Dillon, Ellett & Company (and its successor, E. Dillon & Company), a lime manufacturer in Botetourt County, Virginia.
This collection includes a household ledger from the estate of Edith Luke(?). A note on the inside cover reads "Geo. Parker my father." The notebook contains multiple ledgers, handwritten and clipped recipes, household accounts, and prayers. The notebook contains a number of different handwritings, so it may have been used by a variety of family members.
Daybook maintained by an unidentified shipper, operating probably in Northampton, Massachusetts, during the early nineteenth century.
The collection consists of a 19th century manuscript business ledger from Hickory Fork in Gloucester County, Virginia.
- Subject: Ledgers (account books) X
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 20
- Account books 8
- History of Food and Drink 3
- Montgomery County (Va.) 3
- Wythe County (Va.) 3
- Civil War 2
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 2
- Iron foundries -- Virginia 2
- Medicine 2
- Pulaski County (Va.) 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Agriculture 1
- Alleghany County (Va.) 1
- Bath County (Va.) 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Bland County (Va.) 1
- Boston (Mass.) 1
- Coal mines and mining 1
- Cocktails -- History 1
- Cookbooks 1
- Correspondence 1
- Ephemera 1
- Financial records 1
- Fries (Va.) 1
- General stores 1
- Giles County (Va.) 1
- Gloucester County (Va.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Traditional medicine 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Desertions 1
- University Archives 1
- University History 1
- Virginia 1
- Wine and wine making 1 ∧ less
- Adams Express Company (1854-2015) 1
- Air Reduction Company (1915-1971) 1
- Anderson, C. B., of Newbern, Va. 1
- Brown, John 1
- Dillon, Ellett & Company 1
- Edward Dillon and Co. (Botetourt County, Va.) 1
- Goad, William F. (Pittsylvania County, Va.) 1
- Graham and Robinson General Store (Wythe County, Va.) 1
- Halsey, Henry 1
- Henniker Boot and Shoe Company (Henniker, N.H.) 1
- Huddle family 1
- Huddle, Charles, Jr. 1
- Huddle, Charles, Sr. 1
- Huddle, Royall 1
- Ivanhoe Furnace Company 1
- Ivanhoe Mining and Smelting Corporation 1
- Jones, J. T. 1
- Luke(?), Edith 1
- Miller, T. S. 1
- Miralla, Knight & Co. (Havana, Cuba) 1
- Montgomery Savings Bank (Montgomery County, Va.) 1
- National Carbide Company 1
- New River Grocery Company (Fries, Va.) 1
- Perdue, James Robert, 1837-1915 1
- Post, Benjamin 1
- Tarter, James E., M.D. 1
- United States Hotel (Frederick Town, Maryland) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Iron, Coal and Coke Company 1
- Walthall, James Glen, 1872-1949 1
- Washington Light Guards (Washington, D.C. ) 1
- West Iron Gate Land Company (Clifton Forge, Va.) 1 ∧ less