Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection contains a handwritten letter to Goodrick Wilson from Mary and Virginia Crockett dated January 13, 1958. The letter discusses the history of the St. Peter's Church in New Kent and its connection to the American Revolutionary War (1775-1783).
The collection includes accounting records, attendance records, documents from the diocese, bills, correspondence, and service programs for five churches and one diocese organization.
The records of the Diocese consist of the Diocese's administrative records, including incoming (often from parishioners) and outgoing correspondence, with a scattering of newspaper clippings, photographs, building plans and surveys, pamphlets, and meeting minutes, from the central administrative office in Roanoke and the churches within the Diocese.
This collection contains the papers of Norman L. Grover a former professor in the Philosophy and Religion Department(s) at Virginia Tech from 1957-1991.
Papers of J. D. Kingsbury, a missionary of the American Sunday-School Union of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, working in Monongalia and Marion counties, Virginia (now West Virginia), in 1854. Includes letters from American Sunday-School Union officers, a missionary working in counties adjacent to Kingsbury's, and J. S. McKinney of Palatine; and a form letter appointing Kingsbury as missionary.
This collection includes four manuscript leaves from ca. 14th-16th centuries. The text is written in Latin, with some marginalia. On paper and vellum.
Record book documenting baptisms, meeting minutes, memberships, Sunday school attendance, and financial information for the Pulaski, Virginia, Mission of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South.
Single manuscript leaf of the Qur'an, the book of Islam, produced in the late 18th or early 19th century, possibly in Kashmir.
This collection contains a religious treatise written in Sanskrit, from British India.
This collection includes the records of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the New River Valley, including programs and newsletters, membership lists, and historical essays.
- Subject: Religion X
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 5
- Virginia, Southwest 4
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Carroll County (Va.) 1
- Faculty 1
- Letters 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Pulaski County (Va.) 1
- University History 1
- Virginia -- History 1
- West Virginia 1 ∧ less
- English 7
- Arabic 1
- Latin 1
- Sanskrit 1
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Southwestern Virginia 2
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Southwestern Virginia. Standing Committee 2
- Christ Episcopal Church (1917-) (Roanoke, Va.) 1
- Christ Episcopal Church (Schuyler, Va.) 1
- Crockett, Mary 1
- Crockett, Virginia 1
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Southern Virginia 1
- Grover, Norman 1
- Jett, Robert C. (Robert Carter), 1865-1950 1
- Kingsbury, J. D. 1
- Light, A. Heath (Arthur Heath), 1929- 1
- Marmion, William H. (William Henry), 1907-2002 1
- Phillips, Henry D. (Henry Disbrow), 1882-1955 1
- St. Andrew's Episcopal Church (Galax, Va.) 1
- St. John's Episcopal Church (Roanoke, Va.) 1
- St. Peter's Episcopal Church (Roanoke, Va.) 1
- St. Peter's Parish Church (New Kent County, Va.) 1
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the New River Valley (Blacksburg, Va.) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Department of Philosophy and Religion 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Department of Religion and Culture 1 ∧ less