Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
This collection includes business and personal papers of W. Graham Claytor, a 1906 graduate of Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (later Virginia Polytechnic Institute) and an executive overseeing the operations of a number of American Gas and Electric Company subsidiaries during the 20th century. It includes correspondence, reports, and printed materials relating to personal financial matters, business operations, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, and ham radio.
The collection contains the papers of Virginia Tech graduate, professor of modern languages, and director of athletics Clarence Paul "Sally" Miles, including grade books for courses in French and German, together with personal memorabilia and photographs.
This collection consists of the papers of engineer, mathematician and physicist James Robbins Randolph, including notes, calculations, correspondence and writings.
The collection includes papers from Frank L. Robeson's tenure as a student at Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute, Columbia University, and Johns Hopkins University, as well as subject and research files from his nearly 50 years as an instructor and professor at VPI, dating from 1899 to 1954.
The Virginia Tech Alumni Associaiton Cards, RG 29e, contains cards and rosters about Virginia Tech alumni from 1875 thru 1970. Items include a variety of biographical data, such as names, graduation years, degree program, addresses, names of spouses and children, military service, and more. Series are based on format and arrangement, and individuals may be identified in one or more series.
These cards include information the Alumni Association kept on students from Virginia Tech who served in World War II. The cards list personal information about the soldiers organized by class year, from 1892 through 1949. The collection also includes liberated, wounded, and citation records.
- Subject: Students and alumni X
- University History 10
- Faculty 5
- University Archives 5
- Science and Technology 4
- Physics 3
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Physicists 2
- Archives of American Aerospace Exploration (AAAE) 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Chemical engineering 1
- Civil War 1
- Mathematics 1
- Memorabilia 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Railroad 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 8
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 6
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Alumni Association 2
- Virginia Tech Alumni Association 2
- Appalachian Electric Power Company (1926-1958) 1
- Appalachian Power Company 1
- Beattie, Claibourne Walton, Jr., 1923-1978 1
- Beattie, Claibourne Walton, Sr., 1896-1971 1
- Claytor, W. Graham (William Graham), 1886-1971 1
- Hutcheson, Eleanor Parrott 1
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 1
- John R. Hutcheson family 1
- Johnston, J. Ambler (James Ambler), 1885-1974 1
- Miles, Clarence Paul, 1879-1966 1
- Randolph, James Robbins, 1891-1969 1
- Robeson, Frank Leigh, 1884-1974 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Arts and Sciences (1970-2003) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Science (2003-) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Physics Department 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Board of Visitors 1
- Zallen, Richard, b.1937 1 ∧ less