Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 23
This collection contains records--including correspondence, reports, and printed materials--of a local civilian defense council organized in Blacksburg, Virginia during World War II.
The British World War II Scrapbook was compiled by an unknown soldier, probably in the United Kingdom's Royal Air Force. The scrapbook comprises cartoons and clippings from British periodicals, and most relate to the air force.
The Culinary Ephemera Collection was established in 2013. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (postcards, menus, children's activities, advertising pamphlets, and more) that relate to food, nutrition, and medicine, dating from the early 19th century to the present.
World Map from WW II, produced by Esso. Undated, but probably c. early 1940's. Both sides of map contain voluminous information about war effort.
This collection contains course and teaching related materials, photographs, manuscripts, audiovisual and electronic material, scrapbooks, and the professional and personal correspondence of Marshall William Fishwick, professor of Humanities and Communication Studies at Virginia Tech, 1976-2003.
The German Soldier's Photographic Scrapbook includes photographs taken by an unknown German soldier during World War II. Scenes of soldiers, tanks, trains, trucks, scenery, and ruins in Budapest and the Soviet Union.
This collection contains an order on behalf of the Emperor of Japan, given by the Japanese Government and Japanese Imperial General Headquarters proclaiming the surrender Japan to the Allied Powers. The document orders all Japanese Forces to surrender at once to Allied forces and is signed by signed on behalf of the Emperor of Japan and the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters, the Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers, and representatives of the Allied Power nations.
This collection contains letters from Garland D. Kite to Ralph Brown. The letters detail Kite's experiences as a soldier in Europe during the last two years of World War II.
The collection contains a memoir written by Armistead M. Leggett to his children about his service in the Army during World War II. Leggett grew up in Norfolk, Virginia and graduated with a degree in agricultural engineering from Virginia Tech in 1951.
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 X
- University History 6
- History of Food and Drink 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Blacksburg (Va.) 2
- Civil War 2
- Food Technology and Production 2
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Medal of Honor 2
- Menus 2
- Montgomery County (Va.) 2
- Photographs 2
- Postcards 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- Advertisements 1
- Advertising cards 1
- Air pilots 1
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 1
- Archives of American Aerospace Exploration (AAAE) 1
- Children -- Nutrition 1
- Culinary pamphlets 1
- Ephemera 1
- Ephemera (general object genre) 1
- Faculty 1
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- Games 1
- Health 1
- Maps (documents) 1
- Medicine 1
- Nutrition 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Patent medicines 1
- Popular culture -- United States 1
- Puzzles and games 1
- Railroad 1
- Science and Technology 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- World Maps 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 6
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 3
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 3
- Brown, Ralph Minthorne, 1878-1958 2
- Fishwick, Marshall William, 1923-2006 1
- Hord family (Richmond, Va) 1
- Hord, Robert E., Jr., 1920-2010 1
- Kite, Garland D. 1
- Leggett, Armistead M. 1
- Marshall, John F. 1
- McCoy, Ralph, 1915-2007 1
- Monteith, Jimmie W., Jr., 1919-1944 1
- Monteith, Robert P. 1
- Parker, George M., 1921-1999 1
- Roanoke Committee for Clothes Collection for Our Allies (Roanoke, Va) 1
- Sawyer, John P. 1
- Taylor, Robert Eldred 1
- Thomas, Herbert J. 1
- Thompson, Edward E. 1 ∧ less