Found in 665 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains an original cadet coatee from Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (VAMC) dated 1886. The coat belonged to Greenwood Hopkins Nowlin, Jr. (1878-1975) of Campbell County, Virginia, who attended Virginia Agriculture and Mechanical College (now Virginia Tech) from 1896 through 1899.
The collection contains a copy of a map of part of the VPI campus drawn by Cahill in 1909, materials from his professional life, and an article in which he is cited. It also includes obituaries.
Papers associated with William Addison "Add" Caldwell (1856-1910) of Craig County, Virginia, first student enrolled at Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (VAMC, later Virginia Tech). Includes a letter written by Caldwell in 1910; his 1875 VAMC report card; a Caldwell family photo portrait; Caldwell's obituary; and a Bible given to Caldwell by Mrs. William C. McKemey.
This collection contains records of Theodorick Pryor Campbell, the dean of the college at Virginia Tech from 1920-1924. This collection consists primarily of correspondence with faculty, educational organizations, parents, presidents Julian A. Burruss and J. D. Eggleston, students, and government entities. Subjects include advertising, budget, disciplinary matters, hazing, and land purchases. Some correspondence dates to 1917-1919 when Campbell was Dean of the Faculty.
Samuel Edwin Carnahan (1884-1970) graduated from Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (VPI) in 1907 with a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. The collection contains his 1907 VPI diploma, signed by VPI president John McBryde and the Board of Visitors.
The collection contains detail drawings, sketches, and tracings of several campus buildings. Items include 1934 drawings of 1934 Faculty Dormitory and Campus Soical Center, 1939 drawings of Agricultural Hall, 1952 and 1959 drawings of the Academic Science building, 1959 and 1961 drawings of the Engineering building, and 1961 and 1968 sketches of dorm buildings. The collection also contains original detail drawings and tracings of the Biology, Geology, and Education building.
The collection consists of 23 glass dry plate negatives of architectural drawings made by the architectural firm Carneal and Johnston for various VPI campus buildings, including some that were never built, c.1910s.