Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The collection consists of a letter from C. M. Cassell to his aunt, Fannie Yonce of Wytheville, VA.
This collection consists of a printed list of Confederate veterans living in Wythe County, Virginia, in 1897.
Letter from Confederate Brigadier General John Buchanan Floyd (1806-1863), written at Camp Jackson (Wytheville, Virginia) to Confederate Secretary of War LeRoy Pope Walker, soliciting an officer's commission for former West Point cadet B. A. Terrett.
This collection contains a transcript of James M. Gibboney's letter to his children detailing his life experiences. Gibboney recalls his actions defending the town of Wytheville, Virginia, during Toland's Raid on July 18, 1863.
This collection contains a soldier's benefit receipt paid to Mrs. Margaret Leslie of Wythe County, Virginia, on May 11, 1863, for supplies furnished to James Leslie, a soldier in the 45th Virginia Regiment of the Confederate Army during the American Civil War.
The collection includes two original letters, one 1936 handwritten copy of an 1861 letter, and an undated letter. All correspondence relates to the Repass and Spangler families of Wythe County, Virginia.
The collection contains a poem by Aaron Snavely, titled "Remember Sarah Jane," lamenting the recent death and burial of Snavely's wife.
The collection includes a letter from J. W. & Susan M. Tarter to J. W.'s brother, Confederate soldier James H. Tarter; a CSA envelope, and James H.'s Oath of Allegiance certificate.
This collection contains a telegraph sent from Captain R. A. Williams to Captain Isaac Shelley.
The collection contains one Confederate subsistence order for Joseph Ferdinand Kent, Commander of the Wythe County Home Guards.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 9
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 8
- Poems 1
- Receipts (financial records) 1
- United States -- Navy -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia, Southwest 1 + ∧ less
- Bevell, B. 1
- Cassell, Charles M., b.1842(?) 1
- Floyd, John B. (John Buchanan), 1806-1863 1
- Gibboney, James Madison, 1848-1905 1
- Kent, Joseph Ferdinand, 1820-1886 1
- Leslie, Margaret 1
- Repass, Eli, b.1816? (Stowers' Company, Virginia Militia) 1
- Repass, J. A., b.1831; d.1910 (Stowers' Company, Virginia Militia) 1
- Repass, Stephen, b.1805; d.1876 (Stowers' Company, Virginia Militia) 1
- Snavely, A. Aaron, 1825-1880 1
- Snavely, Sarah Jane, 1833-1863 1
- Spangler, Henry M., B.1828; d.1893 (Stowers' Company, Virginia Militia) 1
- Tarter family (Wythe County, Virginia) 1 + ∧ less