Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Photographer of Floyd County, Virginia. Black & white photographs of scenes in Floyd, Lee, Montgomery, Patrick, and Scott counties, Virginia, and scenes in Kentucky and West Virginia, depicting the traditional culture of mountain people.
The collection includes files from the firm of Williams and Farrier, later Farrier and Farrier. Materials include copies of deeds, title searches, land transactions, estate matters, loan contracts, divorce suits, small claims collection suits, ledgers, and correspondence. Additional details of some files are included in the original inventories, available on request.
The collection includes a broadside advertising a land auction in Floyd County, Virginia, to be held on August 5, 1859.
This collection consists of the records of Floyd Courthouse (Floyd, Virginia) chapter of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution, including minutes, yearbooks, and yearly reports.
Letters of brothers Henry Lewis Francis, Sr. (1876-1945), corporal in Company F, 2nd Virginia Regiment during the Spanish-American War, and Maurice K. Francis (1874-1905), an iron molder, written to their mother, Eliza A. Francis of Floyd County, Virginia.
This collection includes 19th century personal papers (correspondence, legal document, land-related materials, and tax receipts) from the Henry Iddings Family of Floyd County, Virginia.
Indian Valley, Virginia Quadrangle. U. S. Geological Survey, 1968. 22 x 27 in. [FOLDER C-2]
The collection contains a photocopy of the board minutes from the Jacksonville (now Floyd), Floyd County, Virginia, school district.
Account book kept by J. M. Tise, manager of the Floyd County Electric Company at Sower's Mill Dam in Floyd County, ca. 1923-ca. 1937. The collection also contains ca. 100 miscellaneous receipts kept by the Tise family
The Greenville D. Wood Account Books document the operations of a Floyd County, Virginia general mercantile store, providing customer names, dates of purchase, and transaction descriptions.
- Subject: Floyd County (Va.) X
- Montgomery County (Va.) 2
- Account books 1
- Bland County (Va.) 1
- Civil War 1
- Giles County (Va.) 1
- Lee County (Va.) 1
- Patrick County (Va.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Railroad 1
- Scott County (Va.) 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women -- History 1 + ∧ less
- Appalachian Power Company 1
- Beckelhimer (Bickleheimer), William J., b.1836(?) 1
- Belcher, Dale 1
- Boyles, Thomas H., 1821(?)-1881 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Floyd Courthouse Chapter (1931-) (Floyd, Va) 1
- Farrier family 1
- Farrier, Andrew L., 1895-1972 1
- Farrier, Martin P., 1869-1946 1
- Francis, Henry 1
- Francis, Maurice K. 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Henry Iddings Family 1
- Howard, Asa L., 1819-1858 1
- Iddings, Henry, 1762-1854 1
- Lane, Henry, Major, 1826(?)-1862 1
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 1
- Simmons, Thomas W. 1
- Tise family 1
- Tise, J. M. 1
- Virginia. Circuit Court (Floyd County) 1 + ∧ less