Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 29
This collection consists of official records and periodicals from the AAUW, Virginia Tech Chapter and the National AAUW including minutes, administrative records, state and national convention programs, awards and scholarships, publications, and other materials concerning community outreach from 1926-2008.
In general, vertical files at Special Collections and University Archives include newspaper clippings, photocopies, ephemera, unpublished and/or informal publications, and other papers relating to a specific subject area. Files in this collection relate to individuals and families connected to the local area (Blacksburg, Montgomery County, and Southwest Virginia) and/or to Virginia Tech. Each individual/family below has at least one folder and many include cross references.
This collection contains the papers of Ralph Minthorne Brown, Virginia Tech head librarian (1926-1947), amateur historian and naturalist. It includes materials on Virginia Tech and local history, including typed transcripts of sources gathered for an intended history of Virginia Tech. Also included are Brown's Blacksburg ornithological and weather observations, a bibliography of Matthew Fontaine Maury, and other writings.
The Carneal and Johnston Architectural Drawings contains detail drawings, sketches, and tracings of several campus buildings at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
This collection includes business and personal papers of W. Graham Claytor, a 1906 graduate of Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (later Virginia Polytechnic Institute) and an executive overseeing the operations of a number of American Gas and Electric Company subsidiaries during the 20th century. It includes correspondence, reports, and printed materials relating to personal financial matters, business operations, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, and ham radio.
Daily 1947 diary of Alfred Washington Drinkard, Jr., assistant director of Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station, 1946-1948 (and previous director, 1916-1946), mentioning people and events associated with the experiment station, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, and Blacksburg, Virginia.
The collection consists of Edgemont Farm record books, papers, and correspondence relating to the history, operations, and sale of Edgemont Farm in Halifax County, Virginia, and to the Barksdale and Hutcheson families, former owners of the farm. The collection includes correspondence between John R. Hutcheson and T. B. Hutcheson, Jr., as well as other correspondence of Thomas B. Hutcheson, Jr.; maps, correspondence, and Deed of Trust with David Barksdale regarding the sale of the farm.
This collection contains eighteen scketches and drawings created by George Preston Frazer. This collection also contains a sketchbook belonging to Frazer.
The William E. Garnett Papers consist of field notes, surveys, reports, class notes, letters to the editors of Montgomery County, Virginia, newspapers, and reprints of publications.
- University History 25
- Montgomery County (Va.) 19
- Blacksburg (Va.) 18
- Faculty 13
- University Archives 7
- Science and Technology 6
- Women -- History 6
- Photographs 4
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 2
- Civil War 2
- Railroad 2
- Students and alumni 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Agriculture 1
- Architectural drawing -- 20th century 1
- Diaries 1
- Maps (documents) 1
- Ornithology 1
- Politicians -- United States 1
- Virginia -- Maps 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 13
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 5
- Carneal and Johnston (Richmond, Va.) 2
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 2
- Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station 2
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 2
- Allen, Beulah O. (Beulah Oyama), 1905-1992 1
- American Association of University Women. Blacksburg Branch (Va.) 1
- Appalachian Electric Power Company (1926-1958) 1
- Appalachian Power Company 1
- Brown, Ralph Minthorne, 1878-1958 1
- Claytor, W. Graham (William Graham), 1886-1971 1
- Edgemont Farm 1
- Frazer, George Preston 1
- Garnett, William E. (William Edward), 1885-1970 1
- Henley, Bernard J. 1
- Hill, Henry H. (Henry Harris Bunker) 1
- Holden, Roy Jay, 1870-1945 1
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 1
- Hutcheson, T. B. (Thomas Barksdale), 1882-1950 1
- Johnson, William Martin 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- Michael, Rudolph Dixon, 1904-1994 1
- Murray, John, 1909-2002 1
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 1
- Price family 1
- Price, Harvey Lee, 1874-1951 1
- Sanders, Harry W. (Harry Warinner), 1895-1984 1
- Sibold, Carrie T. (Carrie Taylor), 1904-1990 1
- Sibold, Chloe M., 1899-1976 1
- Sibold, Nannie V. (Nannie Virginia), 1897-1957 1
- Sibold, Thomas W. (Thomas William), 1909-1930 1
- Smithfield Plantation House (Blacksburg, Va.) 1
- Solitude (Blacksburg, Va. : Historic building) 1
- Virginia Engineering Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Research Division 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. University Libraries 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Board of Visitors 1
- Virginia Truck Experiment Station (1907-1967) 1
- Will, Erwin Hoge, b.1900 1 + ∧ less