Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
This collection includes oral history accounts from various African Americans with experience at Virginia Tech and/or in the Blacksburg area between the 1950s and the early 2000s.
The Carneal and Johnston Architectural Drawings contains detail drawings, sketches, and tracings of several campus buildings at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
The collection consists of Edgemont Farm record books, papers, and correspondence relating to the history, operations, and sale of Edgemont Farm in Halifax County, Virginia, and to the Barksdale and Hutcheson families, former owners of the farm. The collection includes correspondence between John R. Hutcheson and T. B. Hutcheson, Jr., as well as other correspondence of Thomas B. Hutcheson, Jr.; maps, correspondence, and Deed of Trust with David Barksdale regarding the sale of the farm.
This collection contains architecural drawings, papers, publications, thesis, correspondence, and a sketchbook from Bertram Y. Kinzey, Jr. The included materials date from c. 1940-1955.
The John Murray Papers document the participation of John Murray, a Virginia Tech chemistry professor from 1942 to 1971, in Virginia's ornithological community. Collected materials include manuscript articles, scholarly correspondence, and bird watching logs which focus largely on Montgomery County, Virginia.
This collection includes eighty postcards. Dated cards range from 1906 through 1995, but many cards are not dated. Cards depict various subjects including campus views, campus buildings, football, Corps of Cadets, and Blacksburg views. Some of the postcards are postmarked and addressed to recipients, while some are blank.
- University History 10
- Blacksburg (Va.) 7
- Montgomery County (Va.) 6
- Faculty 4
- Architectural drawing -- 20th century 2
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 2
- Agriculture 1
- Oral histories (literary works) 1
- Ornithology 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Students and alumni 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 7
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 5
- Carneal and Johnston (Richmond, Va.) 2
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 2
- Allen, Beulah O. (Beulah Oyama), 1905-1992 1
- Blacksburg (Va.). Town Council 1
- Cowgill, Clinton Harriman, 1890-1975 1
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 1
- Edgemont Farm 1
- Hutcheson, Eleanor Parrott 1
- Hutcheson, T. B. (Thomas Barksdale), 1882-1950 1
- John R. Hutcheson family 1
- Kinzey, Bertram Y., Jr. (Bertram York) 1
- Murray, John, 1909-2002 1
- Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1
- Virginia Engineering Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Art and Architecture Library 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Research Division 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. University Libraries 1
- Virginia Truck Experiment Station (1907-1967) 1 + ∧ less