Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Beulah O. Allen Collection,
Black History Oral History Collection
This collection includes oral history accounts from various African Americans with experience at Virginia Tech and/or in the Blacksburg area between the 1950s and the early 2000s.
Blacksburg Sewage Papers
Carneal and Johnston Architectural Drawings
The Carneal and Johnston Architectural Drawings contains detail drawings, sketches, and tracings of several campus buildings at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
Edgemont Farm Papers
The collection consists of Edgemont Farm record books, papers, and correspondence relating to the history, operations, and sale of Edgemont Farm in Halifax County, Virginia, and to the Barksdale and Hutcheson families, former owners of the farm. The collection includes correspondence between John R. Hutcheson and T. B. Hutcheson, Jr., as well as other correspondence of Thomas B. Hutcheson, Jr.; maps, correspondence, and Deed of Trust with David Barksdale regarding the sale of the farm.
John R. Hutcheson Family Collection
Rudolph Dixon Michael Papers
This collection contains the papers of Virginia Tech alumnus and agricultural information editor.It contains correspondence and notes relating to the histories Blacksburg, the Preston family, and Smithfield Plantation (including maps of the grounds and the cemetery). It also contains a few campus photographs and printed materials related to Virginia Tech.
John Murray Papers
The John Murray Papers document the participation of John Murray, a Virginia Tech chemistry professor from 1942 to 1971, in Virginia's ornithological community. Collected materials include manuscript articles, scholarly correspondence, and bird watching logs which focus largely on Montgomery County, Virginia.
Records of the Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Postal Card Collection
This collection includes eighty postcards. Dated cards range from 1906 through 1995, but many cards are not dated. Cards depict various subjects including campus views, campus buildings, football, Corps of Cadets, and Blacksburg views. Some of the postcards are postmarked and addressed to recipients, while some are blank.
- University History 10
- Blacksburg (Va.) 7
- Montgomery County (Va.) 7
- Faculty 5
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 2
- Agriculture 1
- Architectural drawing -- 20th century 1
- Oral histories (literary works) 1
- Ornithology 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Students and alumni 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 8
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 6
- Carneal and Johnston (Richmond, Va.) 2
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 2
- Allen, Beulah O. (Beulah Oyama), 1905-1992 1
- Blacksburg (Va.). Town Council 1
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 1
- Edgemont Farm 1
- Hutcheson, Eleanor Parrott 1
- Hutcheson, T. B. (Thomas Barksdale), d.1950 1
- John R. Hutcheson family 1
- Michael, Rudolph Dixon, 1904-1994 1
- Murray, John, 1909-2002 1
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 1
- Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1
- Virginia Engineering Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Research Division 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. University Libraries 1
- Virginia Truck Experiment Station (1907-1967) 1 + ∧ less