Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
Records of the Virginia Tech Chapter of Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences (MANRRS)
This collection contains the records of Randolph Grayson on the Virginia Tech student chapter of Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences (MANRRS), dating from 1992 through 2014. Materials include scrapbooks, photographs, correspondence, and general information about the organization, divided into five series.
The Named/Individual Photograph Collections include images from alumni and former faculty and staff, or individuals with ties to campus and the New River Valley. Collections (c.1890-present) depict campus life and events, railroad history, agricultural extension research, Blacksburg and surrounding areas, and some local families.
This collection comprises the records of the Multicultural Academic Opportunities Program (MAOP), dating 1993 through 2017. This includes printed emails, newspaper articles, publicity, and information about the organization's summer research internship. It mainly contains photographs of students participating in the summer research internship, most from the years 2001 through 2004.
Historic home of Blacksburg, Virginia, built by the Preston family in the early 1800s. Purchased by the Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (now Virginia Tech) in 1872, and remains the oldest building on campus. Photographs consist of thirty-four mounted photographs from Eleanor Stover McEver's collection of various views and details of Solitude, with identifying labels. Also includes other papers, such as newspaper clippings and postcards, with information about Solitude.
Collection consists of extensive correspondence, unpublished research reports, lectures, trip reports, reprints, trip diaries (1968-82), photographs (1979) from his trip to China, daily work books (1959-81), and subject files spanning entire career. This collection is unprocessed.
The Harry Downing Temple, Jr., Papers contains materials related to Temple's personal life, interest in heraldry and insignia, and his research and publications on the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets. Materials date from about 1872 to 2004.
- University History 10
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 5
- Blacksburg (Va.) 4
- Montgomery County (Va.) 4
- University Archives 4
- Faculty 3
- Women -- History 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Inclusion and diversity in higher education 2
- Civil War 1
- Heraldry 1
- Railroad 1
- Record Group 5 1
- Science and Technology 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 8
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 5
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 4
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 3
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 3
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 3
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- Squires, Arthur M., 1916- 1
- Temple, Harry Downing 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Office of University Relations 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Public Relations/Information Services 1
- Worley, Charles S., Jr. 1 ∧ less