Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
The Named/Individual Photograph Collections include images from alumni and former faculty and staff, or individuals with ties to campus and the New River Valley. Collections (c.1890-present) depict campus life and events, railroad history, agricultural extension research, Blacksburg and surrounding areas, and some local families.
Historic home of Blacksburg, Virginia, built by the Preston family in the early 1800s. Purchased by the Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (now Virginia Tech) in 1872, and remains the oldest building on campus. Photographs consist of thirty-four mounted photographs from Eleanor Stover McEver's collection of various views and details of Solitude, with identifying labels. Also includes other papers, such as newspaper clippings and postcards, with information about Solitude.
Collection consists of extensive correspondence, unpublished research reports, lectures, trip reports, reprints, trip diaries (1968-82), photographs (1979) from his trip to China, daily work books (1959-81), and subject files spanning entire career. This collection is unprocessed.
The Harry Downing Temple, Jr., Papers contains materials related to Temple's personal life, interest in heraldry and insignia, and his research and publications on the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets. Materials date from about 1872 to 2004.
Photographs and other documentation of tour by Virginia Polytechnic Institute faculty of Allied Chemical Facilities in Hopewell, Virginia area on November 29, 1966. Faculty on the tour included Fred Bull, Wolter J. Fabrycky, R. Craig Fabian, G. H. Beyer, Carl Renfro, Nelson Murphy, Lee Humbert, Wilson Schmidt, Ron Patten, G. B. Pawley, R. R. Wright, Henry L. Wood, Alan Clifford, Harold Bell, William Hunter, and M. L. Oliver.
Professor of Architecture at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University from 1947 to 1983. Collection consists of twelve architectural drawings and four photographs of Wiss's private residence in Blacksburg, Virginia, designed by him in 1960.
The Charles S. Worley, Jr., Collection consist of architectural drawings of designs by Worley, done from the mid-1950s to the early 1960s, with several designs undated. The collection also includes a small group of photographs and negatives of Worley and his own residence in Blacksburg, as well as an extensive collection of slides documenting Worley's student and professional work, work of his students, his travels, nature, and images that were likely used as part of lectures.
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 6
- Blacksburg (Va.) 5
- Faculty 5
- Montgomery County (Va.) 5
- Women -- History 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- University Archives 2
- 4-H clubs 1
- Civil War 1
- Heraldry 1
- Home demonstration work -- Virginia 1
- Railroad 1
- Science and Technology 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 7
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 5
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 3
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 3
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 3