Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
The collection contains detail drawings, sketches, and tracings of several campus buildings. Items include 1934 drawings of 1934 Faculty Dormitory and Campus Soical Center, 1939 drawings of Agricultural Hall, 1952 and 1959 drawings of the Academic Science building, 1959 and 1961 drawings of the Engineering building, and 1961 and 1968 sketches of dorm buildings. The collection also contains original detail drawings and tracings of the Biology, Geology, and Education building.
The collection consists of Edgemont Farm record books, papers, and correspondence relating to the history, operations, and sale of Edgemont Farm in Halifax County, Virginia, and to the Barksdale and Hutcheson families, former owners of the farm. The collection includes correspondence between John R. Hutcheson and T. B. Hutcheson, Jr., as well as other correspondence of Thomas B. Hutcheson, Jr.; maps, correspondence, and Deed of Trust with David Barksdale regarding the sale of the farm.
The collection consists of a scrapbook compiled by 1926 graduate, John Dennett Guthrie, containing photos and memorabilia of the cadet's years at Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute.
Papers of Samuel Herbert Knick (1886-1914), of Rockbridge County, Virginia, relating to his time as a student at Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute, including a student handbook and a letter and postcard addressed to Knick's brother, W. Hampton Knick.
This collection contains the papers of Virginia Tech alumnus and agricultural information editor.It contains correspondence and notes relating to the histories Blacksburg, the Preston family, and Smithfield Plantation (including maps of the grounds and the cemetery). It also contains a few campus photographs and printed materials related to Virginia Tech.
The John Murray Papers document the participation of John Murray, a Virginia Tech chemistry professor from 1942 to 1971, in Virginia's ornithological community. Collected materials include manuscript articles, scholarly correspondence, and bird watching logs which focus largely on Montgomery County, Virginia.
- University History 11
- Blacksburg (Va.) 7
- Montgomery County (Va.) 7
- Faculty 6
- African Americans -- History 1
- Agriculture 1
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 1
- Community theater 1
- Football 1
- Grayson County (Va.) 1
- Record Group 2 1
- Science and Technology 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 8
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 5
- Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station 2
- Allen, Beulah O. (Beulah Oyama), 1905-1992 1
- Carneal and Johnston (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 1
- Edgemont Farm 1
- Eggleston, J. D. (Joseph Dupuy), 1867-1953 1
- Guthrie, John Dennett 1
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 1
- Hutcheson, T. B. (Thomas Barksdale), d.1950 1
- Knick, S. H., b.1887 1
- Michael, Rudolph Dixon, 1904-1994 1
- Murray, John, 1909-2002 1
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Engineering Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Research Division 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. University Libraries 1
- Virginia Truck Experiment Station (1907-1967) 1
- Ware, Joseph F., 1880-1969 1
- Ware, Susana Howe Robinson, b. abt. 1897 1 ∧ less